Anyone worried?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

In part this is because we need to draft better.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Finny- Better than McCourty/Verner
    Tulloch- glad we let him go, McCarthy is a beast
    Odom- I think he went on to have a few good seasons
    Haynesworth- went to a 3-4, got lazy and fell off (I still think he can play)
    Jacob Bell- I think he did too, then fell off
    Van den Bosch- Should have kept him for leadership and production
    Babin- You can't argue with 18 sacks, if you don't like him as an every down DE, put him in on passing situations (since he has problems against the run).

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm very worried.

The biggest question mark about Munchaks first season is how the fudge did he look himself in the mirrow every day with without doing anything aboutr how bad a group Scott,Amano and Harris were.

Signing Hutchinson and trying to find a Center is the only sign we've had from Munchak that he acknowledges the problem.

There are still capabble FA Centers available yet we're doing nothing.

If we blow our 1st round pick or 2nd round pick a Center we're screwed. Amano will likely start again or we'll be carrying a rookie at Center.

We can fill the needs of DT and DE in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the draft. We badly need a DT and another DE. We can't fill those needs and hole at Center in the draft.

Failing to replace via FA will mean one of either the D Line or the O Line will still be useless. We can't afford to let that happen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Don't forget about getting Finnegan's spot filled. I don't want Tommie Campbell anywhere on the field after the 4th or 5th penalty he got against the Saints (?).

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

In all honesty, we are still a team in rebuilding mode. It won't be possible to adequately fill all of those holes this year, there are just to many of them. IMO it will take this offseason and next offseason to fix the Oline and the D. We will do the best we can to fill them this year, but we will probably have to settle for some rookies playing this year.

However I think we in a unique position where we still have a good shot to make the POs even though we are still rebuilding, and I like our chances of getting in this year. But 2013 will is when we can really start becoming a year in and year out contender if we can keep our key pieces together.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

No such thing as the perfect team, many playoff teams are flawed, heck every team for that matter. Giants were 7-7 at one point weren't they? Just get to the big dance and then I will take what ever comes, unless it is another 1st round loss to the ratbirds, that is not acceptable.

7. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I'm conflicted..if anything I would probably say that i'm more so disappointed because I do feel that as an overall team..we're very close to being a serious contender. And I think we could have made great strides toward that this off season. Nailing a top tier center would have been huge..not only for us this season but I felt like it would have allowed us to strictly focus on the defensive side of the ball in the draft. Now..if we dont address it in FA..I feel like we may have to snatch one up sooner than we would have preferred.

IDK..I guess for me to say that im "worried" would be me saying I had high expectations of this coming season...and now im concerned we wont meet them. I honestly think we'll be right around where we were last season. An above average team..thats still a piece or 2 away...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

[ame]http://youtu.be/eUbIBiQgN2Y[/ame]

and

[ame]http://youtu.be/pN2oHGjbIZ8[/ame]

IDIOT.

Nothing's broken, let's just keep him at C.

9. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Agreed. But most serious contenders have that IT that other teams have to worry about. The Giants didn't finish the season 9-7 because they have a bunch of OK players..they just weren't playing well as a unit. But they still had several key ingredients..

-Top tier QB
    -dual rb attack (although both avg..AB and BJ played well off each other)
    -Hakeem Nicks..Mario Mannigham..and the emergence of Victor Cruz
    -Solid offensive line
    -Great DLine...which in turn alleviated the pressure of their DBs

If you look at most of the teams that made it..in particular the ones that made it further..they had a strength..an identity. What are the Titans identity?

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This is what you need...

-QB that doesn't lose you games
    -Good OL
    -Good DL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar