Anyone waiting for what Mr. Hoge has to say?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Before the Cardinals vs. Titans game. He predicted the Cardinals would win, and said Vince can't complete 3rd of 4th downs with his arm. What will he say now? :moon2:

2. uatyomainemaine

uatyomainemaine Camp Fodder

He has nothing to say! He spoke on sportscenter about the way Vince played like he was just another quarterback and he hasn't been bashing him since he came out. I doubt if they won out and won the superbowl would Hoge eat humble pie and admit he was wrong. If he did I would be shocked!

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I dont know what VY did to Merill Hodge..but it must have been awful ! This guy just has it out for VY. I doubt he'll give VY a ton of credit..he'll probably say something along the lines of "good job he showed me something..BUT.." You know how analyst do sometimes..they give 30% then take back 70% lol

4. iQon

iQon Starter

Yeah, I missed the SC highlights, but it sounds like he's crowning Chris Johnson the MVP. So I'm pretty sure he ignored anything good that Vince did.

I think the moment we're waiting for is NFL Live in a few hours, because Trey Wingo makes it a habit to put Merril on the spot when Vince looks good.

5. Longball10

Longball10 Camp Fodder

VY plain and simple wins games for this organization. It may not be pretty and "textbook" BUT HE WINS!!!! Hoge can go pick on Brady Quinn or something....

6. LightningJ28

LightningJ28 Camp Fodder

Just saw sportscenter and it showed a clip of Vince getting asked about Hoge in the Post Game Presser and he said he had know problem with Hoge, and Hoge was doing his job. I think that surprised Hoge a little bit, but he was showing a little love for Vince.

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Unless there is something personal that we all missed between Young and Hoge....its just been Hoge has had it out for Vince since before the draft.

Low Wonderlic score, Running QB, unnatural throwing motion...this was all before Vince was even drafted. Hoge kept going even after Vince won ROY, saying how he didnt even deserve that.

Then add in the bad times and Hoge was eating up, as if he was right all along. That Vince will never be a good QB. Im sure the last few weeks Hoge has said more stuff...but I just turn it off when he talks.

If I hear one more so called analyst say they would take Cutler over Young I will personally go to ESPN or whatever network and kick them in the :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Duplicate:

No clips yet, but here's his comments while they showed the highlights of "The Drive." I believe Suzy Kobler did the play calling, and Hoge did the brief color analysis.

"(First Britt throw for 1st down) And agreat throw here. The defender has his back turned and Young puts it to right where only his receiver can see it and make a play on it. A BIG play there to start the drive.

(Scaife catch of pop-up) Normally on these drives you need some big play. Well it doesn't matter how it happens, they got the big play they really needed.

(The fourth downs) And both these times, Young never flinched.

(Following the TD catch) You know what? The best drive of Vince Young's career right here."

Hoge was enthused it seems. Didn't show his face, but he commented on it straight up, if briefly.

9. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

VY, Cutler and even Leinert are all still very young in their careers. They all still have a lot of ups and downs to go through. At times any of the three will look awesome and the other two will look mediocre, or vice versa.

And it will probably be the same way eight or ten years from now.

We're blessed as fans to watch their careers.

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

LMAO Hoge said hes never been a hater of Young and they are reading in between the lines. Isn't that what that means?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar