Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Anyone use Netflix?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Bobo, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $948
    I had Netflix a few years back, and didn't like it because it would take 2-3 weeks to get a new release (always a waiting list, especially for a really popular release)
    and like CC said, they were often dinged up and wouldnt' play.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,177
    I have had that problem on the odd occasion, but not the big wait for new releases though.
  2. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $948
    I had it when Netflix was fairly new, they probably got the wait time fixed.
    I was part of a class action lawsuit people had against it. I think I could have collected about 10 bucks, but didn't bother.

I've been thinking of trying it again, too.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,312
    Do they send to Australia? :brow:
  3. MadAboutMcNair Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $0
    I've used both in the past and liked them both. What I'm onto now is Redbox DVD. Have you guys seen these? They have them in McDonald's restaurants. I don't know where else they have them. You can order online too I think.
    Anyway, it's cool. It's a dollar a movie. You get them from a Redbox vending machine, and they email you a receipt. Good selection.

They do charge you a dollar a day per movie though, and that's not as good a deal for some people as netflix. I love it though. I've probably rented 10 movies this month.
  4. Bobo Guest

So I'm guessing the queue deal for either Netflix or BB means you put your name in for a movie and wait your turn in line if it's not available to be shipped out right at that moment?

I'm guessing another advantage for BB is game rentals? Does that work just like the movies?
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,177
    not sure about the games, but I just recieved Pinky and the Brain volume 3 just this past week. PatBv3 was a new release tuesday. Honestly I have not had the waiting issues that others have talked about.
  5. Bobo Guest

Maybe they have shipping centers close?
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,010
    Games arent included with blockbuster's deal. There is GameznFlix.com though. I use it. It's cheaper than Gamefly and sends the games faster - also has movies. So, it's a pretty good deal if you're wanting both.
    • Tip Jar Donor

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Moolah:
    $5
    No - the queue is a little like your shopping cart... You go through and add movies you want to see into your queue - they ship the next one in that list as soon as they receive one back from you. I don't think we've ever requested a movie that wasn't available. In a year we've had 1 that wouldn't play, in which case you go online and report a problem with the disk, and they'll send another without waiting to get the bad one back. The queue is nice because I was always hearing about movies I wanted to see, but would totally forget what they were after 2 days... now I just load them up in the queue as soon as I hear about them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.