Anyone notice Gary Bracket's version of the horse collar on VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

1 minute left in the 3rd, VY scrambles on 3rd and 5 and get's about 15. Bracket gets faked out by Young, then comes from behind, drags him down from behind (while pulling him backwad, which is illegal according to the Roy Williams rule), and lands on his legs.

Similar play to what's seriously hurt guys before, but there was no call. VY seemed pissed after the play, and was talking to someone....maybe he felt it was a little dirty or cheap. Sure looked a little spooky after watching the replay.

1st game Mathis spears him helmet to helmet and there's no call.

Hope he's tougher than Mac, because he's getting some blows and fishy :fish: hits.

2. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Didn't see those

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it wasnt a horse collar. brackett jumped on his back and vince carried him a yard or so. when you jump on someone's back, you're going to land on their legs

i remember that and agree, there should have been a penalty on that one. it was a cheap shot.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A horsecollar is when you drag someone down and backwards by the collar behind the neck (at least that's my interpretation of it). That's what he did, and a serious injury could have occured from it. It looked different than other horse collars, but I believe it could have been even worse since he jumped on his back and all of his weight landed on VY's left leg.

I'm not crying about rules, just saying it looks like a rule violation that wasn't called. Maybe it wasn't called because of the fact that it looked different and a crowd of players were around.

5. Fry

a horse collar is when you reach inside someone's shoulder pads and pull them down by throwing your body weight to the ground, usually falling on their legs. bracket jumped on vince's back and vince fell on his knees.

if you want to complain about anything on the tackle, complain about bob sanders going for vince's head when he was on his knees.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've looked at the replay a few times now, I know he was pulling him down and back with his right hand on the back part of the collar of the pads, just like any other horse collar. So are you saying the only difference is he didn't stay planted on the ground but rather jumped on the guys back and landed on his legs?

I must have missed the Sander's deal.

7. Fry

yeah, basically. it doesnt matter if his hands were in his shoulder pads, he was litterally on his back. if he dropped his weight and landed on his legs, it would have been a horse collar.

8. Fry

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

A horse collar is when you reach into the upper padding around the neck and pull/drag your opponent down, if you grab jersey, or just the outside shoulder pad, its legal, to get ruled a horse collar, you must reach INTO the neck on the shoulder pads, most calls are border line, but most of the time when there really is one, you can tell by how awkwardly the person goes down

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

That's not accurate. The rule as been amended. Now if you even use the jersey to pull someone down it's considered a horse collar, but it seems the league has lightened up on this lately. I have seen some very obvious ones not called.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar