Anyone have the Xbox 360 HD DVD player?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how did you get 2 games free ?

and no, I have connected the VGA but to the 360
    which the resolutions didn't match
    I was under the impression that the 360 would output 1080p via VGA ... which iirc it does .... however, the 2020 does NOT support 1080p through VGA ... bummer

i'm slightly bummed right now
    I only have 2 HDMI ports, the 3000 has 3
    i guess I'll be looking into an HDMI splitter before long

TV tweaks .....
    whatever looks best for you
    I put the Auto Iris to 1 (brighter)
    cranked the sharpness to 50
    reduced color output to about 30
    and shifted the HUE slightly (some are too green or too red)

ALL Noise Reductions should be OFF
    turning them on will only soften your picture
    they're mostly for smoothing bad cable signals (non-HD)

leave all the gamma and such alone for now, until you really know what you're doing, besides, most of that is set correctly anyway

if you really want to see what a gorgeous HD game looks like, you need to get BioShock (but rent it first before you buy it ,..... it's over in a few days)

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw, playing an older Xbox game and it looking great is a testament to the power of that set ...... it will look drab once you throw in something like Gears of War (which you should buy immediately)

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

MS has some new promotion to sell systems, so those 2 games come with it. Forza should rock.

So are you saying the VGA from my computer just won't look as good as it should on this Sony? I thought I read something about that, but it's not a big deal to me.

Thanks for the tuning tips, I'll try em this weekend.

Gears is right after Halo 3. I'm playing 2 again to get refreshed on the story and see how it looks on this set. I'll probably play Combat Evolved just to see it too. Ah it's Christmas already :toast:

Still gotta get Charter to get me a HD receiver. This non-HD material isn't going to cut it now that I know what this set is capable of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar