Anyone feel Warrick Dunn would be a good fit here?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

vet minimum deals aren't going to happen right now. maybe a week from now, but not this week.

#90 Camp Fodder

Guess we'll have to trade the Steelers for him...he just signed...3 years @ 4.95mil. Not a bad price.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

With the RBs available in this draft I'd rather grab a guy in the draft who could actually challenge LW and CH for playing time. I'm sure Dunn could do that but he isn't going to be a long term answer. I'd rather get a guy who could potentially step into a #2 or #1 role if LW and CH don't pan out.

My first pick was Moore but now that he is gone I think we go after one in the draft. A draft pick who can contribute in the return game would be real nice.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, I'd be fine with Dunn, but he's clearly not the future of the franchise. I'm happy with LW (given the predictable offense he was in), and I'm waiting to see CH prove himself. But I don't care that we went RB in the 2nd rd 2 years in a row - when the talent is there you take the best player on the board. This RB draft class appears to be very strong - you have to seriously consider picking up a nice RB in this draft.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dunn has been my favorite runningback for years, but I think he's about ready to retire.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I like the idea of some vet leadership here but the problem is the #3 RB is inactive on gameday unless he is a strong special teams player.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Chris Henry?

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

who?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Henry will be the #2 next season.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I will say this about Dunn - he could turn out to be a unexpected solution to our passing game... if we could use him a bit like the Saints have used Reggie Bush (sorry - don't mean to compare the 2). He's always been that dual threat, and his age and wear would affect his ability as a back more than as a receiver. It does present the 3rd RB problem though - not sure we want to go into games with only LW and Dunn, but C Henry isn't really a strong enough ST player to be an active 3rd RB. I'd still rather pick up Johnson from the Cards and draft a quick RB who has return skills. But the more I think about it, Dunn could be a good pick up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar