Anyone else getting excited?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ScotTitan, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I won't argue with your logic, but Asomugha typically stays on one side of the field (the right side). He must feel like he can't be as effective playing the left side.

He started to roam from side to side more last season, so maybe it's something he will continue to do.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oakland does both 4-3 and 3-4, they're one of very few teams who can pull this off. You'd think a team that can run both would have to be on top of everything, but that's where they fail. They're big fast & strong, but dumb also dumb, very dumb.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/henR7xoZHgk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'll be honest here, the Texans really scare me. I honestly think they are a good defensive back away from being a contender (they were TERRIBLE against the pass last year). They fixed their running game last year with Foster and now they have JJ Watt on the d-line opposite Mario, to go with Cushing and Brooks Reed at LB. Their offense is explosive and they may just have enough experience to figure out how to close out a season. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the division but I hope I'm wrong.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Are we still talking about the Houston Texans?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. gran54

gran54 Starter

I'm pumped for the season and ready to get this whole lockout behind us! It's like every Summer something boring takes up NFL Network/NFL Live. For the past few years it has been is Brett Favre retiring? Oh yes, he is. A month later it's been reported that Brett Favre is returning to the game of football. Then this Summer it's been all about the Lockout. I'm just ready to get our rookies in and to resign some guys and hopefully get some help in free agency. The season can't get here soon enough and I'm excited to see what our team is like this year because it's going to be different now that Fisher is gone. Hopefully Kenny gets his act together and we can sign CJ and we should be in decent shape. Decent shape does not mean playoff shape, but we are getting there. I'm just glad I don't have to watch Kerry Collins for another whole season. He brought absolutely no excitement to that offense. The majority of his throws have been either short or out of bounds. Gosh it's weird to be talking about actually seeing football again. It's going to be soo hectic once the lockout ends, but it's going to be exciting because let's face it, IT'S SHOWTIME FOLKS!

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm trying not to subscribe to that opinion. For the first time in nearly two decades, we have a new head coach and coordinating staff. Munch has spoken clearly about what he wants, that being a QB who can come in and help groom Locker while competing in games. That's something Fisher never would have done. Fisher wouldn't want to show his hand, even though anybody with a clue can see that a QB is exactly what we need. Hopefully the first free agency under our new staff will show some promise, not just the same old conservative baloney were used to,

7. Big Time Titan

I'm hopeful Coach Munchak makes a name for himself doing things his way rather than just continue to follow Fisher's FA philosophy. I just meant that I've come to expect nothing more than the usual meaningless signings of players that won't even make the team.

8. Big Time Titan

I went and checked out the Texans message board and they have a poll going on whether they think they'll land Asomugha. For the most part they realize that he's not gonna be enough to get them into the playoffs and that he'll cost too much. I found that interesting. I was thinking they'd all say that he's make them super bowl contenders.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think some of you guys are giving Munchak a little more power than he actually has. The Titans have an entire front office to handle offseason signings. The Titans have a general manager who makes the final decision in many cases. Munchak can't just go out and get whatever players he wants. He can ask for certain players, but it's not like he has been given the keys to the franchise.

10. Big Time Titan

Yeah but tell me how many signings Reinfeldt was solely responsible for. I'm almost sure that Fisher got Reinfeldt to go after the guys he wanted. I would expect Coach Munchak to have the same influence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar