Anyone else concerned about the lack of Speed?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by blacktitan, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Our defense athleticism and speed is garbagio. We fix that and we are fine. Tom Brady and a few others do just fine without throwing the deep ball to speedsters. Mariota is accurate and dangerous when rolling out. We establish the run and carve people with short passes and improve our D and boom, back in business.

2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

You're right, I am way more concerned about our defense especially the secondary. Nothing worse than watching them allow big pass plays to allow a team the go head TD.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I say let's see what lebeau does when the games count..

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

I'm not near as worried about this offense matching up with other defenses, as I am about the deficiencies on our defense.
    The best thing I can say about the Titans' pass defense at the moment is that Sensabaugh and Griffin are gone.

I think you're worried about the wrong side of the LOS.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I think it's somewhat offset by Walker at TE. The attention he requires should open up things for precise route runners like Matthews and Sharpe.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

They (hopefully) fixed the offense this season. Pretty confident that we will work on that next season.

Two first round picks (one to hopefully trade) 30 million carryover cap space. This is what a successful rebuild should look like.

Results are what matter though.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Bruh. Get off my nuts already.

• LOL LOL x 3
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

They can do that... Sharpe, Matthews, Walker and AJ/Douglas will take passes from Mariota into daylight all day.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I only care about speed on defense.

We'll be fine on offense this year.

10. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

Sensabaugh, Griffin, Huff, and Wilson out. Then Webb and Riggs. That's a lot of changes. Hopefully Cox and McCourty are healthy again, plus McCain and Byard added. And that ex-Steeler everyone loves to hate... Did I miss any?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar