Anybody get madden08?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by stillmatic23, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah, all of those things on the original poster's list are fixed on the 360 version, it's got all of the alt uniforms. and the rosters are close to right.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

and whatever happened about 2k8? I heard all the hype before, now I've only heard one person speak of it. Is it any good?

3. Madden is much better, I own 2k8 as well and i am going to be taking it back in the next week.

4. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

My only problem is that lowry and fuller are missing as well as ford, filani, and otto. To get them on 360 you have to pay to download them! Other than that the game is smooth and it is definitely an upgrade.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's really bad. The demo is available in marketplace. Play it and you'll understand. Just, so disappointing.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, at least you always know what you're going to get with Madden for the PC, because it will be exactly like the previous one, just with new players and some touches to the graphical interface.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Remove the 2D graphics and you wouldn't notice it was 08.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's the same way with all other versions. There are no changes. Well, maybe a few that'd go unnoticed without them highlighting them. Like gang tackles! Whoo! What a big deal that is!

9. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Well, I have a copy of it for PC.

I have never played any of the previous versions on any platform.

The graphics being the same doesn't concern me, as I am using a 2005 graphics card.

However, the stupidity of a few things with the interface are killing any enjoyment of the game for me.

At first, I thought it was just a "learning curve" thing, and as I learned to control the game, my frustrations would ease.

But no, that is not the case apparently.

As an old school shooter player, mouse and keyboard is the way to go for me.
    With one hand on each, I can play FPS games, so Madden should be easy enough.

Unfortunately, with "Mouse and keyboard" selected, I can't configure keys to duplicate mouse gesture functions. This is just plain stupid.

I can't find a way to call a "fair catch" either. The web says something about "triangle button" which is obviously for a game controller. I should be able to open up the "mouse and keyboard" screen, and assign whatever key on the keyboard it is convenient for me to hit, just like every other configurable FPS has done for the last 15 years.

And the matter of hitting the escape key to pause, but hitting it again does not resume. It makes me wonder what kind of primates they used to playtest this version.

And then there is the matter of simple play calls like QB keepers and "going for it" on 4th and inches. The screen will let me fake a FG attempt pass, but will not seem to make it obvious how to call a QB keeper, or keep the offense at the line. When I tell it to use a standard formation on 4th, it still gives me kicker and holder in the personnel group.

So, this had a play value of about a day for me, and sours me on the franchise and publisher.

I would figure there should be easy answers for these problems, and if they can be directed my way, I would appreciate it.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

does anyone else fumble A LOT in this game, or is it just me? i dont know how many times i've fumbled online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar