Anybody else notice this?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

While I noticed it, I have a feeling that its not a big deal. You can learn a few things while on the sideline by watching and communicating with the coachs and starting QB, but honestly, if he puts the work in at practice and watches game tape everyday I don't have a problem with it. However, I would like to see him occasionally help Coach Fisher by wearing a headset and talking to Collins. God forbid, that Collins has to come out and VY has to go in the game, but if this happens he needs to know or at least have a feel of the tendancies and suttle things the defense is doing against us, this way he'll be ready for it.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I've heard a lot of collins might be leaving to take a starting job on here. Just out of curiosity what team's do some of you think would want him as their starter next year?

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Collins is expecting bigger money (and rightfully so). He has shown he can start for a team w/ a solid and D and run game. I can't think of a franchise that fits that type of situation that needs a "plug-in" QB. He will definitely test the market and I doubt if MR will offer anything more than what he is getting right now. The odds of Collins not being here depend upon the injury situation w/ QB's across the league.

Chris Simms is boning up to compete for the starter next year. Vince better take him seriously, because if VY keeps throwing picks and struggling w/ reads, Simms has a shot.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

5. halt

halt Starter

As much as I admire KC for what he has accomplished this year with the Titans, I don't believe that he is very marketable as a starting QB. He is I believe, 37 yrs old, is not very mobile, and would probably play behind an o line that could not protect him as this one does. Although he is perfect for this team, at this time, and with this offensive scheme, there aren't many teams that want to play Fisher Ball. Titans are about the only team built to run the ball, throw short passes, stay close for three quarters and win in the fourth by running over a tired out defense. Most try to win in the first quarter and play not to lose the rest of the game. I believe the stars have aligned for the Titans this year with our defense, KC, LW and CJ, but I don't know if it will work again. This is our year, and I believe we're going to Tampa in Feb. GO TITANS!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

VY still young. only age can change him.

the older he gets, the more he will see things and see that listening to other people really can help him. Anyone over 30 knows how age changes you and how you see things different. Look at Collins he has learned to play the game smart. In very Rare cases like Manning and Brady will you get a mature minded player that still has a young fit body. most of the time it's either one or the other. as in VY's case. he has the body to play hard but he isnt smart and mature enough to make the right decisions. And sadly since he isnt that rare talent, he will lose some of his Physical skills before his mind matures.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I went to Morton's last night and KFC was at the table across from us with Scott, Amano, Stewart, Roos, and a couple of others I couldn't ID. Chris Simms was there and totally in the mix of hootin' and hollerin'. No Vince (or Mawae) though. The Mortons waiter said any time the line hasn't allowed a sack of KFC he has treated them to a swanky steak dinner..

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'd like to see a couple of packages for VY. Just in case he needs to come in the game. He's going to have a little bit of rust.

9. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Some of you may not want to hear this, but Simms is an insurance policy.

An insurance policy for Collins. Next year VY will be the starter and if Collins thinks his opportunities lie elsewhere, Simms will be the backup.

That is all....No extra reading into it. Simms will be the backup next year should Collins leave.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I wonder where Collins would go if we won it all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar