Any word on the Pac/Goodell Meeting?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo tha Titan, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Drinking and throwing some money at slutty girls is something people do in this world. Get over it. PacMan is a person just like each and every one of us. People have problems. People will always have problems. Its something we all have to live with.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I have less of a problem with his lifestyle, and more of a problem with the fact that he can't keep it in control. If he did this stuff behind closed doors, I wouldn't really care. But when he keeps doing stuff in public where the police get involved, it effects the team. He's a distraction, and I'm glad that he probably won't be back until next season. I'm perfectly happy with the team that we're fielding now.

Ryan, you're talking like you have a lot of perspective on drinking and throwing money at slutty girls. You're 18, you've got a lot yet to see. I don't mean it as an insult, but realize that you get more and more perspective on this stuff as you get older. You'll see some things that people do in college that will change you, in several ways. And once you get out of college for a while, you'll even see those things differently. I've done the bar scene, I've been to strip clubs, and I'm over it. I still understand that people do that, and I don't have a problem with it. But what bothers me is that pac is always the center of attention in places that he shouldn't be. I promise, if he wanted to, he could find bars and strip clubs where this stuff doesn't happen nearly as much. He could do it at his own home. He's seen the negative consequences of the fact that he's a target, and he hasn't changed. I don't want his social life getting in the way of the team that I love.

I'll give him another chance next season if he gets his legal issues wrapped up, but I'm not messing with what we've got going right now.

3. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

He is a NFL player. NFL players PLAY FOOTBALL. If he is allowed to return then he comes back and PLAYS FOOTBALL. If hes not allowed back then next year he comes in just like normal and PLAYS FOOTBALL. Look if the idiot still goes out and does crap that he shouldn't be doing then just cut him. Why be dumb over it. "Oh were just not going to give you a chance because we don't want you here anymore"

Thats a load of bs if I ever heard it.

He got drafted to this team.. We knew about his problems. We still drafted him. If we didn't want the damn kid to play for us we wouldn't of called his name in the draft room. Let him return. Let him play. And like I said if the kid goes out and does something idiotic then tell him to leave and don't come back. He deserves 1 more chance to prove himself. If we let him walk and allow him to go to a new team I wont ever forgive the Titans.

He has potential to be the next Champ Bailey are we don't want him because he has a problem with staying out of trouble?

Word of the wise your never going to just change someone like that. What you see is what you get with Pacman.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I don't have a problem with Pac coming back as long as he can keep the stupid crap to the minimum. He loves that night life element. He's young, comes from SW Atlanta where this lifestyle is a culture, and to top it all off he is rich. He will get the point, be it now or later. I just want to field the best team possible, and no one can debate the fact that this team will be better WITH Pacman on the field, rather than off the field.

I just want things to be fair. It's like the justice system to an extent. You can't have different rules for different people, and that's the only issue I have with this whole thing. Goddell has established vague guidelines that he can use to his advantage and his base it of off his own judgements. If the other dudes, who btw, were actually convicted of crimes, are allowed to come back, then by those examples Pac should be allowed to comeback.

I'm not necessarily a Pac supporter as much as I am a Tennessee Titans supporter, but we would be tougher to beat when/if he comes back.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

You PacMan supporters really have a disgusting view on the situation. You would really rather see a criminal continue to get paid millions of dollars without even serving his full punishment (which btw, if he didn't happen to be good enough to play in the NFL, he would be behind bars right now)? If you ask me, if he really was guilty in Vegas, I hope he goes to prison for a long, long time. Football is secondary to life. You guys need a little perspective.

Was Pac's punishment fair? Yes. Was it equal to what Goodell has given to other people? No. Who cares? The bottom line is that, if Pac did those things (and let's face it, we have no reason to believe he didn't), he doesn't deserve to see the outside of a prison cell, much less represent our team and get paid millions while doing it.

6. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

Leonard Little, Ray Lewis, Tank Johnson, Chris Henry

If these guys are all allowed to play why not Pac?

I mean we KNOW for a fact Leonard Little did kill somebody.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ryan, this would be a perfectly legitimate response if we had just drafted him and he hadn't seen the field yet, and also hadn't had any incidents yet. There would be no reason to say that he wouldn't "just play football". The problem is that he's been given chance after chance after chance, and he keeps doing stupid things. Does anyone on this forum not agree that he's been doing stupid things? He even sounded last fall like he got it, when he made the comment about going to little jazz clubs. But then, a couple of months later, he was back in more trouble.

That's the problem, he can't seem to "just play football". His life gets in the way of the team, and that's my problem.

"We drafted him knowing about his problems." But we expected him to not continue to have problems.

I think that's where you have to take a stand on this argument, Ryan. You just said that Pacman can't/won't change and that we shouldn't expect him to. Does that mean that you want him back, even if he's going to continue to go out and be in situations that lead him to be in the news for negative reasons, and potentially lead to more suspensions in the future? Do you really believe that he is NO distraction to the team?

I'm pretty sure your response to this will be "why won't you give him a chance..."

The titans have given him multiple chances. Giving him a chance means that you're asking him to change. The team has said that his actions have been a problem. If he can't change, then there's no reason to give him a chance.

All that being said, I think it's possible that he can change, but that he hasn't shown enough maturity in response to his situation to justify reducing his punishment. I'm all for giving him a chance to come back next season. But what has he done to earn a reduction in his penalty? He did the wrestling thing, which he may have had a right to do, but he knew it was something that neither the team, nor the NFL wanted him to do. That's a negative reflection on his attitude. He also got that speeding ticket really late at night. Another sign that he isn't changing.

Yes, he's held to a high standard. That's what happens to people who get in trouble. More is expected of them to earn their status back. Pacman has an incredible opportunity, the chance to play, and be a star, in the NFL. If his lifestyle is more important than that, then he doesn't deserve another shot.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Criminals have been getting paid millions of dollars in the NFL for years, what are you talikng about??

Again, I guess innocent until proven guilty means nothing to you. The kid still has to go to court to be found guilty of anything. My uncle went to prison for 9 years over a double homicide that he did NOT committ in NYC based on the testimony of 3 witnesses. His sentence was overturned based on evidence that proved that the witnesses were lying. Now that's some prespective for you Azz!!
    We don't know what happened In Vegas, so stop perpetuating the lack of facts that all of us have.

Pac's punishment may be precieved as fair, up until the point when Goddell handed down 8 game suspensions to people who have actually been CONVICTED of a crime(s). At that point it became unfair. And now again, the others are reinstated and able to play, while Pac again, may not be able to play. Where is the fairness in that situiation?

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This

big·ot (bĭg'ət) Pronunciation Key
    n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

How pathetic. Not agreeing with a guys actions does not make one a bigot. If this is what your argument resorts too, then you lost a long time ago buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar