Any VY Fans Anywhere?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I could be a fan of vivian yeo :yes:

[​IMG]

2. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

ive wanted VY to start as soon as his knee healed, not his mind. i believe the offense is much more dangerous with VY in there when he can make plays with his feet and move outside the pocket. with CJ being a playmaker and Nate hoping to be, it makes sense to have 3 legit threats, so they cannot contain all of them at the same time. I would really like Collins to GTFO and VY to start as soon as possible.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Good luck with that...

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ditto

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

VY's body language throughout the season on the sidelines was absolutely sh*ty. No involvement what so ever when Collins came off the field to talk to Heimer about what he saw,heck we all saw Chris Simms countless times flippin through pictures,talking to Collins and even looked like he was giving the oldman his opinions at times. VY played off raw ability in 06 and it was amazing to watch,then teams began to figure him out in 07. Our defense pretty much put the entire offense on there back and took us to the playoffs only to run out of gas because we couldnt score points. Last year we all saw what the offense could do when you have a QB that protects the ball and finds the open receiver without forcing it. So untill VY's gets his chance to play,he should keep practicin hard,dont sulk,show a little more emotion and wait his turn. His time will come eventually whether it be here or somewhere else.....

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Collins earned his promotion patiently performing his role as backup. Vince relaxing on the sideline with a Gameboy and earbuds, eating a pizza sure isn't saying much to me as far as earning anything.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

07 Season:

Overall offense - 21st in the league
    Passing offense - 27th in the league

08 Season:

Overall offense - 21st in the league
    Passing offense - 27th in the league

They didn't do much better in overall terms. Maybe it has more to do with Fisherball.

SIDE NOTE: For the 08 playoffs the Titans had the number one spot in both overall offense and defense. ( this still doesn't heal the wound though:hmm:)

8. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Vince may not even be on the roster in 2010, he could very easily be cut at the end of this season. I however do not think he will ever be are starter again. Here is a list of the QB free agents in 2010.......

Mark Brunell--Saints
    Jason Campbell--Redskins
    David Carr--Giants
    Kellen Clemens--Jets
    Brodie Croyle--Chiefs
    Jake Delhomme--Panthers
    Tarvaris Jackson--Vikings
    Jon Kitna--Cowboys
    Eli Manning--Giants
    Josh McCown--Panthers
    Matt Moore--Panthers
    Kyle Orton--Bears
    Chris Redman--Falcons
    Philip Rivers--Chargers
    Ben Roethlisberger--Steelers
    D.J. Shockley--Falcons
    Troy Smith--Ratbirds
    Brian St. Pierre--Cardinals
    Andrew Walter--Raiders
    Charlie Whitehurst--Chargers

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I'm talking about taking care of the football and making good choices with the ball not overall offensive performance. VY threw 16int-9td in 07 and started the season like he was going to duplicate those numbers again while Collins threw 7ints-12td in 08,thats what i'm referring to. I realize are offense isnt going to put up huge numbers as far as the passing game goes because thats not what we do but when we do pass i expect us to be effective at it while protecting the ball..

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDahCWm0oVg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDahCWm0oVg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm a fan.

I have to admit, my gut feeling hearing KFC was re-signed, was disappointment.

I would've really enjoyed seeing VY vs. a free agent (maybe J.Garcia) for the starting job in training camp.

I know KFC has made fewer mistakes, but he can't do the things Vince can in the above video.

Also, I think with better receivers, and VY, it opens up a lot of options for the offense. I don't trust VY to thread the needle, but if we can just have a wide open option, between CJohnson, Gage, NWashington, and Bo Scaife... I think he would hit the target. If VY is able to do that.. then hello amazing QB scrambles!

I think the main thing is... playing the game has to become fun for Vince again. I hope to see him at QB, at least some, for the Titans in 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar