Any VY Fans Anywhere?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

just last night em and my friends were discussing football. and my buddy asked me about VY and how I felt about him. I said "right now, kerry is our guy, but i honestly think one day Vince will be a great player for us." So I still believe in Vince.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I still think VY can be a good QB, I still believe he's our future. Now does everyone have the same opinion, heck no. However, this is the first time in his life when VY is actually on the bench behing another QB. This will either be a great experience and he'll come back as great as his rookie year and longhorn days or he'll just play normal and do nothing special for us.

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I beleive in VY! Just not as a QB. He needs to move into a position where he can utilize his talent as a runner and not allow his stupidity in reading defenses and his pathetic arm to kill us. Move him to WR!!!

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't need to believe in him. I've looked at the numbers. And the numbers tell me he was playing at a high level toward the end 07, and he was winning a lot of games. He put up three 100 plus rated games in a stretch. I put no stock in 08 because of the new offense, and his limited play in it. There's no baseline since he didn't even play a full game. So I know he's an NFL Starter. I''m not going to go over the stats again because there's no point to it. But that stats are there.

I'm on record having said that Vince will not want to be here either, and that he rightly feels slighted by the day we will not speak of. And I'm on record saying that the Titans won't want to pay him to be here either. So a trade is imminent. And that's a shame. Because he is the one who will win it all. Collins is decent and can almost win it all. But Vince can win it all. The saving grace for all of us is that CJ is capable of carrying this team on his back so it won't matter.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Even the fanboys here are saying his time is all but up in Tennessee. Vincelove aside, the team is distancing itself from him now. There is more to the story than we know - and it ain't good.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You can't recover from quitting on your team and your boss. It just doesn't happen. I don't think Vince wants to be in the NFL- at least by the way he acts. I doubt we see him start for any team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:rolleyes:

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think that a person can recover from that.

They have to stand up in front of everyone and apologise sincerely.They'd have to ask for forgiveness.

If they had a mental breakdown they'd have to own up to that,seek help and ask for understanding.

Most important of all they'd have to work harder than everyone else in every aspect of their training and show their team that they'd changed and had the necessary fire to regain their respect and trust.

If there were genuine personal issues that contributed to that behaviour people would come around if you handled it the right way.

Vince Gump doesn't however appear to be made of the right stuff.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar