Any piano players?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alzarius, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yea my left hand is being a little *****. In my mind it does one thing, but when you play both together, they go full retard.

Ive gotten a few scales down and slowly moving towards more.

2. Alzarius

I may end up getting a few lessons. There's a lady just hired by Sam Ash that's really impressive. I don't like spending money on it but it seems that's the best choice right now. Too much info online. I need a set path. I end up practicing way too many things and not perfecting any.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I've played enough to get by for recording etc. just translating chords from guitar.
    I would have enjoyed learning piano at a younger age.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

That was so difficult... eventually it just clicked and I didn't have to focus on much more than the notes on the pages.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Alzarius

I've wanted to learn guitar and piano for quite some time. My wife made the decision when she got me the keyboard. Just deleted a PM to you because I remember you and @avvie being musically inclined. (you actually play gigs, right?)

The only regret is I can't carry around a keyboard with me when we do places

My end goal is to write my own music. I can mentally hear so many different songs, but have never been able to apply them to an instrument

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alzarius

Its slowly getting better. Everything I've read echoed what you said. It eventually clicks.

Its humorous sometimes though. Looking at my left hand and bitching because a finger won't move when I want it to lol.

7. Alzarius

BTW.... If you like that stuff, check this chick out. She does a lot of covers and is pretty damn good.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

My dad was a great country/pop/honky tonk pianist. I love the instrument but never did anything but noodle with it...wrote, recorded one song with it that was sortof a cross between "Linus and Lucy" and 1990's Toto. I am very jealous of Ben Folds' talent and am a huge fan of Ben Folds Five, who used to play at the bar I frequented but I never actually saw live. #kickme
    To your other point you tagged me for, yes, I gig. Bass player in a variety pop/rock/soul band, along with a several other stand-ins and one-offs.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think that's a good idea. I taught myself to be halfway proficient on guitar via online sources. Tried the same with piano and didn't have nearly the same result. Not that it can't be done. It just didn't work out for me.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm a big fan of Ben Folds. He's actually the reason I tried (and failed miserably) to play piano. I ran into him randomly in downtown Nashville several years back and he was the nicest guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar