Any Mad Men fans on here?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by onetontitan, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

My problem with Mad Men is that once you get past the setting there isn't anything going on. 4 seasons done and they still have yet to define this. Don's secrets are exposed and the marriage is over. If the big arc ends with him simply getting back with Betsey I will feel gypped.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Fair but new arcs are starting to come to light...they have to invent new ways to carry the show forward.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I will just say that the very first episode was boring and had no drama or action - im assuming it really picks up though?

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

If you like drama and time period stuff, it definitely picks up. Of course the show is a little slow but that's why I like it. They don't rush action or drama, it builds and builds and then erupts.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The show is definitely about the times and the relationships and is purely character-driven. It really points out how different public's casual apathy towards stuff that is today practically extreme taboo (drinking, smoking, sexual harassment and the like).

There is a scene where the main character Don takes his family on a picnic in a lush green suburban park. When they prepare to leave, instead of gathering the trash up and putting it in a bin, they simply dump all the trash, (bottles, bags food etc.) right on the ground and just walk away.

I remember, as a kid - this is what everyone did. Throwing sh*t out the car window was the norm. Trash was freakin everywhere. That indian was crying for a reason!
    Nowadays it's unheard of.

I think it's important to remember these kind of things, life as it was in the 60's and that is what this show really does very well...

7. RavensShallBurn

7 episodes in... Still a snoozefest.

8. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Some people just lack good taste

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Totally forgot about this thread. How is everyone feeling about the new season so far?

10. RavensShallBurn

Lol whatever. I guess I hold shows to higher standards than some, as my favorite current shows are Breaking Bad, Dexter, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and The Walking Dead. I'm sorry, but Mad Men is just flat out boring so far. The 7th episode seemed like it started to pick up a bit. I'll at least continue through the first season.

The entire show so far has just been about men who smoke and have affairs. It better pick up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar