Any ideas on where to look for TV deals?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Bobo, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

From what I've seen, and where it'll be, I think I'd like 55-60. A guy told me to hold off a bit because prices are going to drop even more for the holidays. I may do that....and hope to see that same tv you got drop some more :wink2:

Where did you get yours? And have I asked you if you noticed any blurry picture during fast movements like in video games?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I was reading about some DLP tv's having a "smilie face" syndrome. Something about the edges of the screen not providing a uniform picture.

Looks like the KDS 2020's are selling out quick, only found one local....at Worst Buy.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Costco
    to replace the Toshba DLP orignally purchased

and no, action is great in gaming
    action blur is caused by the refresh rate being slow - not a problem

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I had several observatons with DLP
    some "vignetting" could possibly occur from the projection, butI don't remember it much
    I do remember whtes looking blue-ish nd some brght scenes would go all haywire
    and even though I didn't notice it at first, the Rainbow Effect showed up when you look away real quick, or sometimes even when you blinked

none of those are the reasons for the exchange though

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if you can grab one at Best Buy, grab it
    you can always take it back (within 30 days iirc)

I promise you, once that thing gets in your house, it may never leave

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

When I looked on Costco's website, they didn't list that TV. Went to Wally World, they didn't have it. Sears had it, but after tax, it was something like $500 more there. And then Best Buy....:irked: I walked out of that place mad (yet again) at the ****ty customer service.

Well I got one on the way from Onecall.com. Seems like they are one of the bigger on-line retailers and have a pretty good rep. I got the KDS-55A3000 for $2000. Can't wait :grrhee:

Next, there's the hd dvd add on for the 360....well after I find a damn 360 with the HDMI port. No one here has one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar