Any ideas on where to look for TV deals?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Bobo, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

No Costco in Jackson, just Sam's Club. I bet Nashville or Memphis has one, may be worth a trip.

No more Circuit City here, just Best Buy, Wally World, Sams Club, and Sears.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm wanting to stay in the $1500-2000 range. Looks like the 2020's can be had in 50" and 55" in that size....from on-line retailers. Not sure how much to trust on-line retailers.

3. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Bobo- I have had alot of success with www.pricegrabber.com

This site keeps up with prices on consumer electronics and will search the web to find you the best deal with shipping included. I bought a 23" Samsung LCD for our bedroom last year. I paid about $750. Best Buy was $1,000 plus tax. FYI, you don't pay sales tax on this site.

Find the model TV you are looking for then go to this site and find the best deal.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

PriceGrabber does show some good deals....and I'd have to just trust some on-line retailer I guess.

Puck, those KDS/SXRD's look sweet. Just saw two at BB. I think the 55" would be nice, definitely looked better than the cheaper KDF model. How long have you had yours? Just wondering more about the bulb replacement time.

BB customer service sucks once again for me, just thought I'd throw that in :irked: And I can save about $400 by getting that TV from say Abe's of Maine through the net.

That Sony looks hard to beat for the price right now.

Oh and would you believe BB didn't have the Xbox 360 Pro? :-/

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony...71436/catOid/-12867/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

i see a FREE SHIPPING icon ... check that out
    nothing against an e-tailer, but that may better be suited for a small camera - not a 60" TV - ya know

if you just have to have one nearby, go for Sam's
    they'll let you walk through especially if you menton you're thinking of joining to buy a $2000 TV

Pricegrabber is only like $200 less ... small price to pay for peace of mind
    call Circuit City and see if this can be done

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It's says "not available for home delivery in your zip code" :-/

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok,......... how big of a screen do you want ?

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A 42" seems a bit small to me. I think at least 50", but maybe more. As the dollah signs get higher, I get scared :ha:

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

less than 50" puts you in LCD land
    50"-55" puts you in Plasma land
    anything 55" and bigger puts you in DLP / LcoS world

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar