Any ideas on where to look for TV deals?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Bobo, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I got to step up and get a better tv. HD. DLP. LCD. LCOS. Plasma....hell one of those is bound to do :ha:

Puck has given me some tv info, but I guess probably should ask for a little more info....like the basics to sifting through all the new types of tv's.

As a poor white boy, finding deals is always part of the deal. So any help there is greatly appreciated too. Hope this post isn't too generalized.

2. Costco? Walmart?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I went to Best Buy today....and wondered....is it really the best buy? :suspect:

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

1080p is the best resolution now, right? Any clue as to how long that will last. One of my concerns is how long will the best technology of today last.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Puck, is the "game mode" on the Sony KDS's worth anything?

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

And another question. Has anyone seen kinda bad picture quality on a HDTV when viewing non HD channels? My mother's Panasonic is like that, yet my friend's TV (forget the brand), looks better. They both look great on HD channels.

But they both have our local cable providers, and only have a handful of HD channels. Seems like DirectTV with all those HD channels is the way to go to maximize the experience.

7. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Wait till Christmas, or around March when the new models come out. They clear them out for the new ones.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I tried to ask the guy at Best Buy about that, and he didn't give me a straight answer, or didn't know. Some places have day after Thanksgiving sales.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I now call Best Buy - Worst Buy
    not my first choice

If you have a Costco, buy it there ... even if you're not a member
    it'll be well worth it in the long run as Costco extends the manufactures warranty by 2 years automatically (which has replaced the once legendary 'no time limit' return policy)

who are the major retailers in your area ?

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's nothing special
    it's a timer from what I've gathered
    it's supposed to shut down after 6 hours
    I dunno if it actually works

there's a loooooong list of things 'worth it' with Sony's SXRD LcoS sets
    the new ones have the new 120hz Bravia engines in them
    but they're also twice as high

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar