Any free photo chopping programs to download?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Hey, everything is free now, right? :lol: Well lotsa stuff anyway. Anyone know of any programs I can try to shrink, enlarge, add text, etc to pics?

2. mdfan

mdfan Starter

www.irfanview.com will let you resize pictures I use the crop command to cut off the stuff I don't want in my pics too. It has an insert text option that I have never used

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. GIMPshop

Irfanview is good too, but this is the closest you can get to Photoshop (legally, anyway) without paying a dime.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Thank you.

Gunny, I don't think paint can resize photos....or if it can, I haven't figured it out.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Goto Image > Attributes.

I believe that can resize the image (or the canvas, not sure)

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

When I tried that, it just cut most of the picture off instead of shrinking it.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Microsoft Picture manager comes "free" with office. It can resize and crop. Most people have it. No text option tho'.

9. maximus

maximus Starter

I hate GIMP...hard to figure. But if you can figure it out...I have heard its just as good as photoshop

10. GIMPshop was designed to make GIMP look as much like Photoshop as possible...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar