Any DJ Hackett fans out there? He received a 2nd rd tender

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Makes some sense considering we have needs at WR and we really don't need another rookie WR. Reinfeldt ,coming from Seattle, has the low down on him. Spending a 2 on him might not be bad. He was really coming on last year and he had better stats than any of our other WRs

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

He could probably step right in and be productive but is he really that much of an upgrade from Roby, Williams or Orr (or Wade if we re-sign him without giving up a draft pick)? If Reinfeldt really thought he was a significant upgrade over what we have behind Jones he might be worth it. However, Wade might make more sense and actually had comparable stats.

I would say Hackett merits a look especially if the Seahawks thought he could be a solid WR and was really starting to hit his stride. I assume he wouldn't cost anywhere near what we paid for Givens or what Bennett is going to demand.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Naw i dont want him

4. Well, if anyone knows what he's worth, it should be Reinfeldt...

As for whether he's worth a 2nd round pick and a contract big enough to keep the Seahawks from matching, I have my doubts...

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I'd rather sign McCarddell or Moulds (senior citizens who could help our young'uns learn how to prep for a season) and draft a 1st day WR than go after Hackett...

Personal pref completely...

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

The Hawks would match any reasonable contract anyone made to him. Though it would be ironic if Reinfeldt made a deal that included a poison pill.

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I would much rather get a proven WR, or draft one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar