Any Beer Geeks?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VolnTitan, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I am an admittedly proud beer geek. Homebrew some, but mostly just collect and drink. Any others out there and what are your favs?

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I prefer to be called a beer conniseuier (sp?), and I like whatever is in season. During the cold months I like the dark beers, porters.
    I like wheat beers.

My favorite to have at anytime is Smithwicks.

I prefer draft. The fresher the beer the better.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Agree...during the winter, I like Porters and Stouts. Right now, I'm all about the IPA's. Like Bell's Hopslam (imperial IPA) or even locally Hop Project. As far as draft, fresher is a bit of a misnomer. Many craft beers are as fresh as taps IF the beer store is good about returning older beer. Of course the dark beers you can actually age. The only issue with draft is you have to depend on the place actually cleaning their taps on a regular basis, but if it is a good place, they probably do that.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Hmm... You like wheat beers and Smithwicks... ever tried Erdinger Weissbier dark? Nice dark wheat beer with no bitter aftertaste.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree about the tap situation, Vol.
    It's seldom I drink at establishments anymore. I have a favorite beverage store with a wide selection, and if they don't have what I'm looking for they will order me a case on request...and I will look for Erdinger, Tuck. I don't remember seeing it.

I have some quart bottles of ale made by Belgium monks, and it's a living ale still fermenting in the bottle. I've had them about a year, says you can age them up to 5 years and drink them out of a chilled goblet.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I like beer but can't say even close to as much as you guys. I'm a Natural Light kind of guy!

Beck's and Dos XX are also pretty d@mn good.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Shmiddks! You ever drink @ McReary's? The Shmidd is the house ale..

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Been to McCreary's many, many times. One of my daughter's middle school friends is a waitress there. Great food, good beer. I tend to lean towards the craft beer stuff, but if looking for English/Irish stuff, great place to go.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Love me some Belgian beer. Like I said, I am into craft stuff right now because they are more "out of the box", but for tried and true, can't go wrong with the overseas stuff.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Dude beer. The .

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar