Antwan Odom

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Jul 13, 2012.

?
  1. Hey why not, lets give him a chance

60.0%
  2. Heck no! Lets stick with the guys we have

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not sure why our depth is a problem at DE. Morgan and Wimbley are our starters and Ball is the primary backup. Douzable and Shepard along with some others can fight for a 4th spot.

Certainly we can bring in another guy as the cuts come.

Isn't Ayers a potential pass rusher on the outside for us?

Why Odom particularly who has had some significant injuries?

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Ball has concussion concerns and considered retirement last season. Douzable and Shepard really haven't proven they can be contributors. Honestly we still dont know what we have in Morgan.

We prefer to have a bigger line to stop the run. Odom is a big DE that can also get after the quarterback. At a minimum, we can sign him for the veteran minimum and have him replace Douzable and Shepard.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

might pull a Gage and prefer sitting at home eating cheetos too playing for Tennessee again - just sayin'

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Couldn't hurt to take a look.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

"we have wimbley and morgan as our starters" is not a good argument at all.... Wimbley is decent but the jury is still out on Morgan... he also does not have a good injury track at all...
    i say we take a look to see what odom has left in the tank..

6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

My its the Jack Daniels talking, but I am tired of the "bring a vet in for mentoring" excuse. If we didn't have a salary cap, then I would give it a thought. However, I'm not for paying someone a million or two just two come in for competitive practices and rotational play. No thanks. Let us not forget, we picked up Corey Simon from Indy some years back. He didn't do crap for us and picked up a check. Also, after he got busted for steroids and served the suspension, he had not done jack since.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Mentoring? Absolutely not. What the hell could this could mentor? Nothing.

But for possible depth or pushing the other players in camp? Absolutely.

I live up here in Cincy... he was uber-popular with the fanbase. He didn't do a bad job, really. He just got into some bad luck with injuries.

Bring him in to push everybody - or simply make the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We have SenDerrick Marks, we don't need any D-Line help.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We will likely only use for roster spots on DEs. 3 are basically already taken up. Douzable was signed to be that big DE and Sheppard is obviously big for that position.

They could have signed Odom but signed Douzable instead.

You do realize that Odom has not appeared in an nfl game since October 2010 right?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Stop this stupid idiotic debate!

The guy hurt his Achilles in the 4th game in 2010. He was out the rest of that year and all of last year.

He is done!

This is like somebody wanting to sign Givens in 2008. :rolleyes:

You all know about the gun shot wound to his leg right? Daaaaaaaaaaaa. the arrest?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antwan_Odom"]Antwan Odom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

So foot injuries, knee injuries, a major achilles tear and a gun shot wound later you want him on our team!

Why did nobody pick him up last year? He sat the whole year!

He's done! He's done! His nfl career is over!

Now go start another stupid thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar