Antwaan Randle El???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Hmmmmm, thinking out loud........he got cut by the the Skins.

Could be a nice little pick up for the Titans since he can return punts (plugs a hole) and catch the ball a few times a game. I believe he used to returns KO's too when he was a Steeler and played QB in college where he was a Heisman candidate, All-American and Big 10 player of the year.

Lesse......Punt and KO returner, WR and #3 qb. Good character guy. Nice package.
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

His position is not a glaring need at the moment but I'd like to have him if he'd come cheap. Then again, we desperately need a KO and punt returner...

I expect we'll find one of those in the draft, though.
  3. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

I think it would be best to keep most, if not all, draft picks PURE Defense.

I think getting a KO/PR guy is a need they better solve in FA. Get a decent vet who may not break the bank and we'd be ok IMO. Isn't that kinda rare right now in FA tho?
  4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I'll pass; he screwed me a couple years straight in fantasy and he was my WR3.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Special teams is one of our top problems, a returner is a HUGE need right now and he's been one of the best for a decade. Everyone so hung up on getting a DB to do it or use a pick, why? This is free agency, why not look at him to fill a need. He'll also fill a better role than Paul Williams or Dominique Edison as a WR.

He is a decent vet who can do the job.
  6. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I won't argue the fact that we need a boost in our special teams; in a bad way. I just don't think adding an aged veteran who is only going to get slower is a long term fix. His salary will probably be higher just because of his tenure and though he might provide a good influence in the locker room; I don't think his overall contribution would be worth it when we can find someone in the draft who's upside is not a known commodity. We've seen what Randel-El can do; he's not going to surpass any expectations. I would advocate grabbing a DB in the 3rd - 5th like Javier Arenas from Bama who can come in and immediately contribute on special teams and then maybe develop into a pretty good corner. There is more upside.
    We won't use Randel-El at all in our offense. He's too gimmicky and would be buried on our depth chart for whatever reason and more importantly waste a valuable roster spot. 5 years ago I would have said hell yeah though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.