Antwaan Randle El???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Hmmmmm, thinking out loud........he got cut by the the Skins.

Could be a nice little pick up for the Titans since he can return punts (plugs a hole) and catch the ball a few times a game. I believe he used to returns KO's too when he was a Steeler and played QB in college where he was a Heisman candidate, All-American and Big 10 player of the year.

Lesse......Punt and KO returner, WR and #3 qb. Good character guy. Nice package.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

His position is not a glaring need at the moment but I'd like to have him if he'd come cheap. Then again, we desperately need a KO and punt returner...

I expect we'll find one of those in the draft, though.

3. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

I think it would be best to keep most, if not all, draft picks PURE Defense.

I think getting a KO/PR guy is a need they better solve in FA. Get a decent vet who may not break the bank and we'd be ok IMO. Isn't that kinda rare right now in FA tho?

4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I'll pass; he screwed me a couple years straight in fantasy and he was my WR3.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Special teams is one of our top problems, a returner is a HUGE need right now and he's been one of the best for a decade. Everyone so hung up on getting a DB to do it or use a pick, why? This is free agency, why not look at him to fill a need. He'll also fill a better role than Paul Williams or Dominique Edison as a WR.

He is a decent vet who can do the job.

6. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I won't argue the fact that we need a boost in our special teams; in a bad way. I just don't think adding an aged veteran who is only going to get slower is a long term fix. His salary will probably be higher just because of his tenure and though he might provide a good influence in the locker room; I don't think his overall contribution would be worth it when we can find someone in the draft who's upside is not a known commodity. We've seen what Randel-El can do; he's not going to surpass any expectations. I would advocate grabbing a DB in the 3rd - 5th like Javier Arenas from Bama who can come in and immediately contribute on special teams and then maybe develop into a pretty good corner. There is more upside.
    We won't use Randel-El at all in our offense. He's too gimmicky and would be buried on our depth chart for whatever reason and more importantly waste a valuable roster spot. 5 years ago I would have said hell yeah though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar