Antonio Bryant Cut!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think the Bengals are stupid to cut him so soon. I'm willing to bet that this guy does play this year and does well. It might be a few weeks into the season but this guy can still ball.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Run a few searches on Carr and you'll find he left so he could play the nickel in Baltimore. The Titans signed Fuller so there was no where for Carr except as a backup. Carr is smart enough to know he could make as much, start at nickel and eventually get a major payday.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I know this thread is about Bryant, but Carr left because it was best for HIM. Like other's have said, he was offered more playing time in Balt, and he knew he would only be a backup here. Good decision for him, I wish we could have kept him, but don't blame him a bit for departing.

Now as far as Bryant is concerned, it would be a huge gamble to sign him. I don't like the idea at all. Heck, the name "Givens" comes to mind. I just don't know about Bryant's injury status or if he still has it. I would rather not take a chance when we don't really have a need at WR.

The Titans have not had good luck with high priced FA receivers. FA's like Thigpen, Pickens, Givens and after this season, might even add Washington to the list, have been busts for TN.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Titans screw up was not signing Carr for more than one year when they originally brought him in. He should have been given a two year deal. Going into this year he might have stayed if given a shot at winning the starting CB job (not sure he would win it but he would have a chance).

Carr made the decision to go to Baltimore so I can't fault the Titans for that. Of course they could have offered him more money I guess but at some point you just let the guy leave. I do hope Fisher has learned his lesson and takes the return game a little more seriously. We don't need to have questions going into the season which is why Mariani makes the team. We don't need guys like Griffin and Britt returning KOs and we sure need someone who can catch the ball fielding punts.

5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

nice Carl Pickens reference there

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

that's exactly it. I don't think I could have worded it better myself, Jeff

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bryant's knee issue is one of those bone on bone deals. Cincy did not do their due diligence in researching his medical situation when signing him and he basically got millions to participate one practice. If there was anything worth keeping about AB Cincy would have not released him.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Looks like The Seahawks pulled the plug and released TJ without a trade..
    Multiple one-and-done FA WR saviors from 08 including Torry Holt, Coles, TO and TJ...
    I'm sure there's more..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar