Anthony Spencer?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

DE from Purdue, anyone seen much of him? I caught one game and he looked like a quick, good athlete. He has 26.5 TFL's and 10.5 sacks so far. He also has 85 tackles.

Not sure if there's any top 5 DE's this year, but there seems to be some guys to be later that could be good :yes:

2. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

Right now it looks like he is going to be a 1st day pick........He is pretty athletic and has good size although he could add some pounds......He is in the mold of a 3-4 LB or 4-3 DE.....like D-Ware

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

From my info, he's looking like a 2nd rndr with potential. I have him as a shade under 6'3 and about 265lbs. The fastest 40 I have for him is 4.63.

I haven't seen any Purdue but the 2 thins I like about his numbers (besides sacks) are TFL and FF. If we don't take a DE in rnd one or FA, he might be a nice prospect to consider in rnd 2.

Of course, if he impresses...he might jump into the end of rnd 1 or very early rnd 2. But of course, this is speculation. I'll have a better opinion after I see him.

Gut

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be surprised to see him slip into rnd 1 especially if he shows that he can play standing up and be an OLB in a 3-4 like some have suggested. But I haven't seen Purdue play at all.

5. BigRob

BigRob Guest

3-4 Outside Linebacker

Every draft site and scouting service has him as almost certain to be a 3/4 Outside linebacker. The listed 265 weight is generous at best.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Our RDE's have been light before....and still are. I'll take a 245lb Kearse. If he can rush the passer, that outweighs weight. Pun intended? :yes:

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Ppl I trust say he weighed in at 262 lbs last year. Not sure if he's added or lost since then. Again, I haven't seen him yet.

Every DE who weighs less than 270lbs is seen as a tweener. One of the best DE's in the NFL weighs LESS than 250lbs. It can be done. More importantly, there are many light DE's in the 265-270 range who don't get abused vs the run.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar