Anthony Barr

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Amen. I just don't see it happening. I also agree if Robinson or Matthews are there, it would be hard to pass, but I pray they don't take Lewan. I will be pissed!

2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

We sure didn't CHANCE it last year!

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

... crickets ...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Barr and Mosley will probably both be there at 11. The big question is who do we take? Who is more important, an OLB and an ILB? Where do we need the help most? I've never been impressed with Ayers, but Crutches and Fokou might not be the answer at MLB either. We have more depth at OLB with Ayers, Brown, Gooden, Wimbley (implying pay cut). I'm always skeptical about drafting Bama players.. their system might make players look better than they are.

Right now I'm leaning Barr.

5. xpmar9x

Honestly, I think you'll see Brown move to 34 ILB - he could be a really good Mike LB. Similar to what Horton did w/ Daryl Washington. You can make the argument for Gooden as well. That leaves us needing a TED LB, which Mosley is most certainly not. If we land D'Qwell or Dansby, that would fill the need for a starting TED backer.

Wimbley is likely cut, unless he takes a paycut. Which, I could see and wouldn't be opposed to. Ayers has been so up and down in his career, I'm not sure what to expect. However, he'll finally be in the 3-4, which he should of been in year 1.

I'm drafting Barr. Signing D'Qwell Jackson or Karlos Dansby. Then drafting an ILB in rounds 4 or 5 (Shayne Skov, Preston Brown, or Christian Jones). That ILB is our eventual replacement to Jackson/Dansby in 2-3 years.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think I remember Wimbley playing MLB at some point in his career, he may be an option as an ILB this year.

7. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I am still trying to figure out the thought of moving Brown inside. I see it suggested here all the time. He is not physical enough for such a move IMO. I dont think such a guy is really on the roster. Not 3-4 ILB.

8. xpmar9x

just like Klug? :highfive:

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just want you to know one thing, Karl Klug's twin brother is a LB, suck on that :p

10. xpmar9x

You have to remember, we're talking about him playing in the Mike. Normally the mike is more athletic, drops into coverage move, can blitz, and spys the QB alot. Look at Sean Lee of the Cowgirls, he's just 6-2 234 and is no stronger than Brown, although Lees play recognition is insane. However, with Horton I believe Brown can be a legit Mike. He has the athletic ability & he's more physical than people give him credit for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar