Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for a sixth-round pick.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

You think the 49ers have a good receiving corps?

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

A 6thhhhh???????

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ugh that would have made things SOOO nice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

ITT people really have a skewed view of how good Boldin is anymore.

Funny how people ***** about Nate but want Boldin.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't see the uproar in this move, I wouldn't give more than a 5th for a 33 year old WR who has a pretty good chunk of salary due.

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Why are people so upset about this trade? It would be the worst move Webster could have made! This is an old 33 year old we who plays the slot....we have kendal wright for that. Plus he comes with a 6 million dollar tag with him, which is a third of our cap. No way we blow it on a old wr who plays the slot, which we already have a good one. The 6th round pick was the smallest detail in this trade.

7. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea, Boldin is not a slot receiver.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm sure nearly every other team's fan base is screaming "why didn't WE pull the trigger" right now. But as down as I've been on this organization lately, I'm not upset. Two reasons. 1) If he was really worth much more than a 6th then some other team would've made a better offer. 2) It's very possible (and even likely IMO) that Boldin and the Ravens ended on good terms. Where I'm going with this is that I think it's definitely possible the Ravens agreed to ship him to a "contender" if all offers were relatively the same.

I can't imagine a scenario where Boldin would even want to play here to be honest. We were one of the worst teams in the league last year. We have a lame duck HC and a QB who is extremely suspect.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He's one of the best redzone receivers in the game right now, 33 or not. And what did this team/locker struggle with so much last season??? REDZONE. He's also exceptional on 3rd down, and in big games..

A 6th rounder? Seriously? He makes a helluva lot more of a difference than our 6th round pick will...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar