Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for a sixth-round pick.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The rich getting richer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

6 million for Boldin and 49ers showing 3.5 million cap room before the trade

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Brotherly discount FTW.

Could've had Samuel for a 7th and Boldin for a 6th. We better at least be making the calls inquiring about trades like this.

I guess there's always the possibility that we value Scott Solomon and Markellle Martin over Asante Samuel and Anquan Boldin.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Was gonna say the same thing. Niners and Seahawks are clearly the best teams in the NFC... and in the entire league IMO.

Seahawks were my pick to win it all this upcoming season regardless of the Harvin trade.

Niners/Seahawks games better both get primetime this season.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

No brotherly discount the Ravens were in a bind. There was a rift in the relationship due to them asking him to take a paycut and he was headed to FA. The Ravens had no leverage and took whatever they could get for him.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

this is the sh*t that makes me wonder why I'm a fan of this dysfunctional franchise

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not saying you're wrong, but it's really easy for good teams to make trades like this. When you're one piece away from a Super Bowl, you can pull the trigger.

Plenty of aggressive GMs have tried to remake their teams and completely failed. Those guys don't have jobs anymore. Has everyone forgotten how the Redskins used to be a major player in free agency every single year and all it bought them was cap hell?

It's not a conservative/aggressive issue, it's a smart issue. Heck, the 49ers are a team that has built through the draft as much as any other team in the NFL over the past decade.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Overreact much. He is a slow and aging possession WR, do you think this guy is the missing piece to our Super Bowl puzzle. Come on.

I'm sure them being brothers gave the 9ers first dibs but not a discount.

9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Hes a good player, but I don't think hes a great player. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't he have some attitude/diva issues? or was that just when he was wanting out of Arizona?

I don't think hes going to be the missing piece that gets the 9ers a superbowl win. They already have a pretty good receiving corps, unless they are going to use him to replace Woody Moss.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't think Boldin makes a big difference on this team. A 33 year old receiver who doesn't really stretch the field anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar