Another self-absorbed victim of social media

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like facebook. It is one of several outlets, and probably the most effective, to stay in touch with my racing friends/acqauintances. You can get something done in a few seconds that would have taken hours of legwork 10 years ago.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The point of all this is that just because you have the means to dispense "news" worldwide immediately doesn't mean that it's a good idea to do so. Po' 'ol Seto got vetoed.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It is not inherently evil, Like I said about cell phones too, they have saved lives.

But it has become a monster. I am incredibly sick about (mostly women) complaining about their lives constantly.

"UGHHH Casey is playing XBOX again and not paying any attention to me FML"

I saw this status about 10x a day at one point. I'm glad Casey is smart enough to stay away from facebook or he would have ditched his GF by now.

It invites unnecessary things into our lives, and personally I don't want to hear everyone's every thought. It is nice/sad to see how fat all the chicks from high school got, though (depending on who it was).

And I've seen full-on arguments with 5 or more people on facebook statuses.

Facebook is ultimately a good idea. It has rendered class reunions obsolete (always a good thing)
    But it has been turned to the uses of evil.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The people that tend to do that get hidden. Problem solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar