Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Another self-absorbed victim of social media

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,735
    Need the goTitans points, otherwise I wouldn't waste my fingers time writing this..
  2. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $21,279
    one day when we all have brain tumors and testicular cancer from leaving them in our pockets, the "Cave Dwellers" that didn't ever get a cell phone will be the smartest people around.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,355
    Believe it or not, this thread was actually football-related.
  3. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,722
    Pretty crappy way to stand behind your decision. No wonder UCLA never amounts to anything in football...
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,264
    It's a pretty sad indication on society if that is true. I wish I never joined facebook or got into MSN when it became big during high school.
  4. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $1,445
    Said it before.. but no matter what your feelings on tech these days, I think everyone could benefit from watching "Disconnected".. it's on Hulu for free..

And I echoed your thoughts even before I watched that documentary.
  5. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,204
  6. Tackhead #9 MY Titans wore navy blue.

Moolah:
    $0
    The irony that y'all are lamenting the influence of technology on an Internet message board is not lost on me.
    1 people high five this.
  7. Riverman Dread the red

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,627
    Message boards are different IMO than social media forms like Facebook, Twitter, Myspace. The latter are focused on egocentric displays of a person rather than a true exchange of ideas. Message boards conversely (IMO :) ) are more like an old fashioned "speak-easy" or "coffee shop" where people to exchange ideas usually in ANONYMITY.

I have often liked Facebook to "Gossip on Steroids". That sentiment draws the ire from my children, my colleagues and my wife. I'll never have a Facebook account. My stepdad has one and he loves it. His reasoning is that it is important to keep tabs on "the grandchildren". I can't argue with that though I hear he does post "his mood" often or some such fiddle-faddle and rot. I've also noticed the girls at work ridicule old high school classmates trolling for tuna with friend requests. They are making fun of the guys, but boy do they go giddy-abuzz with each "friend request".

Yes- my resistance to Facebook is self righteous indignation but I'm just old fashioned in Stoicism.
  8. Brandon Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Facebook is great because now my mom can see when girls post on my wall about the great time we had...
    1 people high five this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.