Another missed opportunity (Ron Rivera)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

I think it was well reported that that Bear's defense was more Lovie Smith's Tampa 2 system than Rivera's. That's why they got rid of him, he was expendable.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well he had the Chargers defense as a top defense.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I have to admit I was hoping for this guy if Bud had the cajones to cut Fisher loose.

4. 24

24 Starter

Yeah, and I think he was really impressive in San Diego. He went out of his comfort zone, with the 3-4, and really put together a good defense. No one on that defense was standout either. No Merriman, no Jamal Williams, no Cromartie. He did well for himself.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What are you talking about? After we release him we don't have to pay him anything.

$14M is irrrelevant? Since when?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The 2 top people In the organization advised that Fisher be retained and Young let go. That's what Underwood and Reinfeldt are paid for.

The move was largely financial but Fisher had to agree to make some changes of his own. Those are pending, like a new DC and secondary coach.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I fear that Jeff makes no changes to his staff. Cecil and fisher are buddies, and I believe if we was going to be removed, it would have already happened. So he could be looking for another job.

If Fisher makes some staff changes, I have no problem with him staying. But again, I fear he makes none, and it is same old same old, for another year. Jeff and his ego, see nothing wrong, it is always someone else's fault. And he sells and the public buys it. I hope I am wrong.

8. iQon

iQon Starter

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So again tell me what we have to pay him after we relase him? Cap hit and paying are 2 different things. We already paid his signing bonus as a rookie and that is prorated over the length of the contract. Take note ALREADY PAID.

We owe him nothing after we release him.

Do we even have a cap for 2011?

Nice job not understanding but being a smartass anyway and nice job using an article from before the 2009 season.

Yes we eat the cap hit from his signing bonus(already paid to him in 2006) but there is not a damn thing we owe him after we release him.

Fail

Good job!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fisher part 18, take 1, action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar