Another missed opportunity (Ron Rivera)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Once again the Titans completely drop the ball and watch a good coach (see ignoring Greg Williams while suffering with Schwartz which lead to Cecil) go to another team.
    Now we have one less candidate for next year when Fisher is fired just because we didn't want to buy him out of his contract. Great.

Good move Panthers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There will be many more great candidates.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think we might be getting Williams.

He withdrew from the Broncos interview.

Coming here with a promise of the HC job in 2012?:brow:

4. imbread

imbread Starter

man that would be nice, but wishful thinking right now

5. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

Rivera would have beeen my number one pick after Fish was gone.

Bud was too cheap to eat Fisher's contact.

So we miss out.

6. Thesaurus

Thesaurus Starter

We'll just hire Cowher when he decides to return to coaching next season.

7. iQon

iQon Starter

It'll be funny when NOBODY wants to trade for Vince and he has to eat HIS contract.

All that crap about "I had to get rid of the more expensive guy" will be for naught. Next time, remind Jeff Fisher you sign the checks and to grow up. "Him or me" :ha: What a pansy. And what a * of an owner to fold to the demands of an employee.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You do realize that Young won't get his bonus or his base for next season, right? Young's original signing bonus will go against the cap but Bud paid that five years ago.

9. iQon

iQon Starter

That's what I meant, he'll still end up paying Vince when he waives him. Not making the roster bonus and base salary are irrelevant. It's the principle of the business decision. He doesn't want to fire Jeff because he's contractually obligated to pay him every penny either way. But he'll pay Vince $2-3 million to go away because it's cheaper.

We're basically pissing a season away on purpose, over $6m.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Once I saw what Rivera did to that Bears defense I knew he'd be a great head coach one day and I've wanted him for a long time now. The fact that he just sat there in San Diego as guys like Eric Mangini and Josh McDaniels were hired was a travesty. Panthers finally got him which is a great hire. But good thing we got Fisher again. The guy lost 8 of the last 9 games, if I had 8 of 9 bad weeks at work I'd probably be fired after the 4th or 5th week.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar