Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Another missed opportunity (Ron Rivera)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $16,031
    Once again the Titans completely drop the ball and watch a good coach (see ignoring Greg Williams while suffering with Schwartz which lead to Cecil) go to another team.
    Now we have one less candidate for next year when Fisher is fired just because we didn't want to buy him out of his contract. Great.

Good move Panthers.
    1 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,049
    There will be many more great candidates.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $638
    I think we might be getting Williams.

He withdrew from the Broncos interview.

Coming here with a promise of the HC job in 2012?:brow:
  2. imbread Starter

Moolah:
    $422
    man that would be nice, but wishful thinking right now
  3. Illegal Hit Special Teams Standout

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $294
    Rivera would have beeen my number one pick after Fish was gone.

Bud was too cheap to eat Fisher's contact.

So we miss out.
  4. Thesaurus Starter

Ayers
    Moolah:
    $103
    We'll just hire Cowher when he decides to return to coaching next season.
  5. iQon Special Teams Standout

McNair
    Moolah:
    $45
    It'll be funny when NOBODY wants to trade for Vince and he has to eat HIS contract.

All that crap about "I had to get rid of the more expensive guy" will be for naught. Next time, remind Jeff Fisher you sign the checks and to grow up. "Him or me" :ha: What a pansy. And what a * of an owner to fold to the demands of an employee.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    You do realize that Young won't get his bonus or his base for next season, right? Young's original signing bonus will go against the cap but Bud paid that five years ago.
  6. iQon Special Teams Standout

McNair
    Moolah:
    $45
    That's what I meant, he'll still end up paying Vince when he waives him. Not making the roster bonus and base salary are irrelevant. It's the principle of the business decision. He doesn't want to fire Jeff because he's contractually obligated to pay him every penny either way. But he'll pay Vince $2-3 million to go away because it's cheaper.

We're basically pissing a season away on purpose, over $6m.
  7. Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Moolah:
    $0
    Once I saw what Rivera did to that Bears defense I knew he'd be a great head coach one day and I've wanted him for a long time now. The fact that he just sat there in San Diego as guys like Eric Mangini and Josh McDaniels were hired was a travesty. Panthers finally got him which is a great hire. But good thing we got Fisher again. The guy lost 8 of the last 9 games, if I had 8 of 9 bad weeks at work I'd probably be fired after the 4th or 5th week.
    3 people high five this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.