Annoying rollover popup ad

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SawdustMan, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Original ad from the OP is back.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I rolled over the Epcot one today and saw it open up. That's what they are designed to do. Is not rolling over it too difficult?

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Sometimes I accidentally roll over it. Just annoying is all.

But I asked in the OP "These type of ads allowed TitanJeff?".... then you said "I'll check into it. Thanks for reporting it." so I was under the impression they weren't supposed to be getting through and you wanted them reported. If they're legit ads that aren't breaking any rules I'll leave it alone from now on.

4. TitanJeff

Yeah. If you roll over them, it's legit. If they do it on their own, it's not.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

10-4. I had just never encountered them on this site until that Transitions ad.

6. TitanJeff

Yeah. There are so many going these days and I try to block any auto pop-ups or takeover ads though they occasionally sneak one in.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Of course not. That said, it took me some time to figure out that's how that was happening.
    The "rollover" was just me randomly moving the curser to other places - not specifically to any specific ad so when this massive page-consuming ad comes out of nowhere it seems like it was doing this all on its own at random time.

This John Oliver bit about Native Advertising is dead on - and the part about "who the hell ever clicks a banner ad in 2014" rings true.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The worst is when that rollover ad is BOTH the top ad and right-side ad (as it is right now as I type this). You have to consciously circumvent those areas of the screen if you don't want the popup. Not a big deal by any means, just kind of a PITA.

First world problems, amirite?

9. TitanJeff

That's why I usually only run the invisible pop-ups. Those are the ones that watch you while you are on goTitans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar