Ankle Injury Still Hampers Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Where's the story on Jevon Kearse and his dui?

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I'm starting to think that reo will be proven right and RW will open on the PUP list.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

reo said he would only be on the roster if he was on pup.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Nine

Nine Starter

Seems like I remember reading a month or two ago that the FO was hoping Roydell might be ready in time for TC, which completely surprised me. They'd never really said anything about the severity of his broken ankle/tibia/whatever....but if they're hoping he'll make it back in 8 months, then it's obviously pretty serious.

At that point, I fully expected that he'd land on PUP. There's a lot of competition at that position right now, and Roydell played well enough last year to at least get a fair chance at making the roster.

Right now, Roydell is at a significant disadvantage. Not only has he been unable to participate in OTA's and the installation of the offense, but he can't even participate in a full conditioning program. As a result, once camp rolls around, he'll almost certainly be waaay behind everyone else, both physically and mentally.

Unless he makes an unbelievable recovery in the next 3-4 weeks, I'd fully expect him to land on PUP. Even if he's healthy enough to practice, he'll be way behind everyone else, and nowhere near football shape. PUP would buy him a couple months to get in shape and get up to speed with the offense. He'll then have three weeks to practice with the team and apply what he learned from the playbook. Once midseason rolls around, Roydell is ready to go...healthy and fresh-legged.

This also be very beneficial for the Titans, as well. Teams almost always lose a WR to injury, and end up signing someone halfway through the year. A healthy Roydell Williams would be much, much better than anything they'll find laying around on the free agent scrap heap at midseason.....the Sloan Thomases and Chad Owenses of the world.

5. reo

reo Starter

Actually I think I said, his best shot at making the roster would be on PUP. Don't think I said it was his only. But yeah I still think he'll be PUP'd or released. Theres a shot that he makes it though.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I dont look for Williams to be a factor this season. he will pretty much be a bench warmer. Now we need someone else to step up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar