Andy Reid impressed with Tyler Bray

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Quarterback Tyler Bray might have rubbed some people the wrong way on his path to the NFL.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he’s had no problems with the former University of Tennessee star, however. In fact, he raved about Bray in a conference call with reporters who cover the Titans.

“I know he’s handled himself the right way since he’s been here and that I appreciate. Whatever he did before, our scouting department looked at that and evaluated,’’ Reid said. “The kid, while he’s been here, has been tremendous. There have been no problems.”

Bray wasn’t selected in the NFL Draft because of questions about his maturity, attitude, and work ethic. This came after he raised some questions with his behavior while with the Vols.

With the Chiefs, Bray is the team’s No.3 QB behind Alex Smith and Chase Daniel. And Reid said he’s doing well.

“He’s so young in age, but he’s come in. He didn’t get picked probably where he wanted to get picked, and he’s worked through all of that. He’s been asked a lot of questions—that comes with the territory there. And he’s handled that the right way,’’ Reid said. “He’s handled it like a man—like a mature man—not like a young boy. I mean, he’s really handled himself the right way.

“I mean, you guys know this from him being from Tennessee that he can throw the ball well. He knows how to do it and does it very well. He’s been blessed with unique tools. It’s just important that he continues to grow up.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. amy

amy Starter

I'm glad to hear it. Good luck, Mr. Bray. I think that maybe he can even work his way up to a backup role anyhow.
  3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH! Tip Jar Donor

If he was smart, he would have stayed in college for his senior year. Right now all the vols need is a damn QB. He would have put up impressive numbers and been a mid to early round draft pick for 2014. What A Waste!
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

I can't root for Bray to succeed. I just can't.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Why not?
  6. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

WTF Alex, VFL!!!

J/K f them after they leave Knoxville. Except Hunter for obvious reasons.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

I almost root for all ex-vols no matter what but I hate Bray's attitude.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

Because he is a douche jerk off I imagine. That's why I, as a vols fan, couldn't give a rats if he ever plays a snap in the NFL.
  9. Escape Goat

Escape Goat Starter

I agree. Love the Vols, but I don't give a **** what they do after they leave. That goes double for forehead.
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

I don't follow the Vols so excuse my ignorance but what exactly did Tyler Bray do to be hated so much?