Andy Dalton

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Let's first establish the fact that none of our receivers except Kenny Britt are 'weapons'. A young QB is anxious, and wants to get rid of the football quickly. That changes as they get comfortable in the league, but early on young QB's are antsy. Best way to aliviate this is to provide him with real 'weapons', not Justin Gages, and Nate 'the fake' Washington's.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I said IF used correctly Cook COULD be a weapon. We also have CJ out of the backfield who will hopefully be used on some more designed passes to utilize his ability in space. I can't remember this team running a screen when it is one of the best plays in football when done correctly especially with someone like CJ.

I already said Nate is not a great #2 but he is decent and Williams deserves a chance since we just used a 3rd round pick on him. I also said I hope Gage is cut so I don;t know what point your trying to make.

Also I hope our young and antsy QB is not starting this year because who ever we take will most likely not be a pro ready QB which is why we need to sign a veteran FA such as Hasslebeck, Bulger, ect. to start for the time being and also be a mentor.

All I am trying to say is we have more glaring holes to fill than a WR. I don't disagree adding another would be nice but have bigger problems.

3. JCBRAVE

Yea thats all true too.

4. bwhit33

bwhit33 Camp Fodder

Trading back into the mid first and taking locker or ponder would be the better option

5. bwhit33

bwhit33 Camp Fodder

As 49er fan, i always see Cook as a poor man's vernon davis.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Let's get this discussion back to Andy Dalton.

I have soured on all the top QB prospects (honestly, it didn't take much because they all have major question marks) and now I'm intrigued with the idea of taking Dalton in round 2.

Trent Dilfer came out today and said that Dalton is going to be a first-rounder. He said that the reason we aren't hearing more about him is that teams are trying to keep it a secret that they love Dalton. Now keep in mind that Trent Dilfer also said that Sam Bradford would be a bust (or at least something along those lines... I forget the exact quote), but he might be on to something.

I found this article about why Dalton is a perfect fit for the Titans. It seems to be written by a blogger and not an expert analyst, but it makes some good points.

The Titans are scheduled to bring Dalton in for a workout, so we know he's on their radar.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm loving Dalton as our future QB. BTW, I watched him on NFL Network last night and he's from Houston, well very close to Houston anyway. We all know how Bud feels about QB's from Houston don't we? :) Once the comp picks get announced next week I'll be doing my mock... hint he'll be our QB top of round 2.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sometimes you have to be confident that our guys have done their homework and due diligence so if we do take a QB in rd 2, Dalton, Ponder, Kaepernick or Stanzi i would support that pick. I'm not sure how Dalton who is smaller than the major prospects and does not have a first rd arm would be worth that high a pick but i'm not going to complain too much if we do that.

Of the 4 Qbs i mentioned i like Stanzi the best but there are things about him that bother me like the 3 game losing streak at the end of the year. The scouts are paid to do their jobs and we have a very experienced OC so i hope they can do their jobs and get us the best guy. All things point towards Newton being gone when we pick to we need to go to plan B.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Stanzi and Ponder don't have first round arms either.

10. JCBRAVE

Trent Dilfer needs to relax, and thank God he's got a job. He hit the nail on the head about Locker tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar