Andriod

Discussion in 'Gear' started by maximus, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Does anybody on here use Android?

My contract with Verizon runs out in April, I want a smart phone, but I don't want to touch Microsoft with a 10 foot pole.
    I'm not sure I want to spend 400 dollars on a iPhone, plus, I'm not a fan of att/cingular (family has had bad experiance)

What have you computer guru's heard about andriod

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Never heard of it lol

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Blackberry ?

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Andriod is google's open source phone operating system.
    The SKU is released, but I have not clue what an SKU is?

google andriod.
    google has an entire site dedicated to it

5. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

My guess would be Stock Keeping Units, basically a different SKU would be assigned to each version or edition of a product.

6. It's SDK (Software Development Kit), which will let developers create programs to run on Android phones.

Android is just the operating system that will go on a phone made by Nokia or Motorola or whoever wants to build one. Anyone can use it because Google only wants the insane ad revenue that you give them by using their phone.

And Apple's iPhone (and iPod touch?) SDK will be released by the end of this month so developers will be able to write iPhone apps.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

How do I get an Andriod phone?
    Ask about it at the store?
    Or would I need to download it myself and install it?

8. No one uses Android yet. But you'd have to buy a phone that already comes with it.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

check this out

[​IMG]

10. Interesting design, but I can't see Dell trying to get into the cellphone market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar