andre johnson could be out 5 weeks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ouch for the texans if the worse case scenario becomes reality.

i don't have a link because it is from my fantasy football account, but here is the little snippet:

Andre Johnson, WR HOU
    News: After being ruled out for Week 3's game vs. Indianapolis, the Houston Chronicle reports that Texans coach Gary Kubiak said that Johnson's worst-case scenario would be missing five weeks because of his sprained left knee. "I'm very optimistic, especially with a guy like him who's a really hard worker and very well-conditioned player," Kubiak added. "If anybody should make it back quicker than the doctors think that he can, it's probably that guy. So I'm going to be on the optimistic side."
    Analysis: The Chronicle also added in Thursday's edition that Johnson was wearing a leg immobilizer and was still limping. Hopefully Johnson can get healthy quick -- the Texans need it. Of Matt Schaub's 452 pass yards through two games, Johnson has caught more than half of it. If you own Johnson, keep him reserved for Week 3 Fantasy action and make alternative plans. He is a No. 1 Fantasy WR when healthy.

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Too bad for the Texans. Now they're not making 8-8.

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I still hope that the Faguars have a worse record than the Texicans.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

so who's gonna step up into his role ?
    speculation has it that Owen Daniels will be the main benefactor
    other might suggest Jacoby Jones

5. Titanics

Titanics Guest

i don't think anyone will step up into his role.

Andre Johnson isn't the type of WR that you simply replace.

If anything, I think this exposes Matt Schaub.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It will be interesting to see if Schaub can get on without him. Don't forget tho', in theory, Mario Williams is their stud. So they are supposed to be a defensive team. Not an offensive one. That's how they said they could beat the colts. Using Mario. Now we are going to find out.

7. Titanics

Titanics Guest

Mario will be lined up on their rookie LT. That will be an interesting matchup. If Peyton gets time to stand back in the pocket, the Texans don't have the secondary to match up with Harrison and Wayne.

8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I would like to take this chance to say thank you for having honest post and expectations. I do not think AJ will be out 5 weeks with what we are hearing here. He is Schaubs go to target, but Schaub has been throwing a lot to the RBs and TEs. Specifically Owen Daniels and Vonta Leech. Jacoby Jones has been named the starting WR in AJs place.
    As I have stated before, I do not expect the Texans to beat the Colts this Sunday. However after them we play the Falcons and the Dolphins. Both are beatable teams with or without AJ. I expect Jacoby Jones to step up and play well, but at this point in his career he is not near what AJ is. We will rely heavily on our defense and should find out what our front 7 is made of.

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Ugoh has been holding his own so far this year. He has had two bull rushers in Smith and KVB to handle, and he's done a pretty good job.

Dunta Robinson will take away Harrison or Wayne, he just needs more help.

Jacoby Jones will replace Johnson well...and Schaub isnt gonna get "exposed". I dont even know what thats supposed to mean.

10. steelrzgirl

steelrzgirl Guest

He was killin it for me in fantasy. This sucks! lol UGH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar