Anderson saw Conan laud tribute dance

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky Late night talk show host Conan O'Brien was all fired up when he saw the touchdown dance David Anderson's did following a six-yard catch in the second quarter of Houston's win over Cincinnati.

"That's my string dance," O'Brien said with glee Monday night on Late Night with Conan O'Brien on NBC. "I've been doing that for years."

Anderson ****ed his hips side to side in conjunction with hand movements that made it look like he was pulling strings to make it happen.

"He even cut the string when he was done," O'Brien said. "Unbelievable. So I was thrilled. I'm riding pretty high."

Then the CBS broadcasters killed it for O'Brien.

"He was wide open, but Steve I think he needs to work on that touchdown dance," play-by-play man Gus Johnson said.

"I don't like the dance," Steve Tasker responded.

O'Brien was crushed.

"What the hell was that all about? Thank you very much," O'Brien said, before unleashing his updated version of the dance, which included not only his hips, but his nipples.

You might find it all on YouTube, say, if you searched "David Anderson's String Dancing shown on Conan O'Brien."

The Texans media relations department just hooked me up with Anderson, who said he was absolutely paying tribute to O'Brien and actually saw O'Brien's show when he used the clip of the touchdown and dance.

"I actually saw it live, because that was after Monday Night Football," Anderson said. "All my roommates were asleep and I was just sitting on the couch. I was like, 'Maybe if he says something about it, it might be tonight.' I was like, 'Everyone wake up!' But no one woke up. They were all screaming at me to shut up, they were trying to sleep."

"I'm a big fan, I've been watching Conan since high school easily, a lot in college and I still watch him a lot."

I asked Anderson what he's say to O'Brien about it if he could speak to him directly, hoping the AFC South Blog might be able to function as some sort of liaison.

"An obvious plea to do it live," Anderson said for starters. "I'm not quite sure. Does he want me to try anything else? Does he need any future dance moves?

As for Johnson and Tasker - Anderson said they didn't get it.

"If you've seen it, it's obviously pretty humorous, I think," he said. "If you just think I am doing that on my own, then it's obviously pretty silly."

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar