And your 2012 Titans captains are...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

2. Stan

Stan Infinite

Real talk

3. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

I like the selections, a little surprised Hutch got his teammates vote in less than a year but im sure hes deserving.

4. LoneStarPhan

LoneStarPhan Starter

If the players voted for them, I won't second guess the captains.

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Just calling it like I see it. No bias. I'm not a big fan of giving our opponents free yardage.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So you wanna play zone from 5-yards off? Thats stupid, it tips the other team off in less than half a second. Stay 8-9 yards back and make them find out what you're in.

If McCourty wanted to he could play man all day, but he's not the coordinator, so he doesn't call the plays.

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I believe I heard Jerry Gray once say that we don't have the personnel to play man.
    If McCourty could play man all day, don't you think Gray would take advantage of that. Do you think he likes giving other teams free plays. Last year McCourty's soft coverage killed us because we had no pass rush. I don't know how many times I watched receivers catch the ball with McCourty 5 yards off of them. He would give up first downs, because he would drop back 10 yds on a 3rd and short. I don't care who's fault it is, whether it's Gray just playing conservative or if McCourty just doesn't have what it takes to play man and make plays on the ball. Either way, I can't stand it. It's one of the main reasons why teams always control the time of possession. We're always giving up free plays and first downs! I can't stand the love for this guy when he does nothing but make the tackle AFTER the receiver makes the catch. Maybe someone should tell him that he is allowed to try to make a play on the ball instead of just standing there and waiting for the catch. Look, he doesn't suck, but he also doesn't deserve near praise that some of our fans give him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar