1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

And your 2012 Titans captains are...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 7, 2012.

1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

McCourty, McCarthy, Locker, Hutchinson and Shaw.

Per Wyatt and everyone else on Twitter.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

sounds good to me!
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

That's a pretty anemic list, showing out lack of vet leadership on the team. all of these players have been on the team for what, 2-3 years or less? you don't see many 1st year players on a team being named captain elsewhere. All of these guys are in their first year as starter besides McCarthy, who's in his sencond. Shaw is still a ST guy. Not that it really matters who's a captain, but this looks like a pretty shabby list, and is symbolic of the youth of our team.

Crazy, but this team is almost unrecognizable from the team that last went to the playoffs. But I guess that could be a good thing.. we'll see.
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

surprised Roos, Stewart, Witherspoon, Griffin (ehhhhh.. maybe not), or Nate Washington were not selected, as they've put in their time here and are veterans.
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I am also surprised Roos was passed over for Hutch.
  6. BiscoPhan11

BiscoPhan11 Starter

Yeah I would've done Mihkel Roos or Big Country over Hutcheson just out of principle, but glad to see McCarthy on there.
  7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Hutchinson over Roos and McCourty over Griffin are the only real surprises to me. Shaw was obvious. Locker and McCarthy, though only second-year players, are clearly the leaders of this team. The quarterback of the offense and defense for (hopefully) many years to come.
  8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Being a captain has nothing to do with how long you've been on the team. It's about personality, charisma and leadership.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

McCourty and McCarthy are our two best defenders, so that makes sense.

The only real surprise to me was Hutchinson over Washington.
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Who decides our captains? Players or coaches?