And with the 2011 NFL draft, the Titans select............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shanvhere, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I thought that was settled on a coin flip.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I only use WalterFootball because it's updated weekly & its easy to see the draft order. WalterFootball is horrible.. like why would the Cards take AJ Green? lol

3. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Why would the Panthers draft a Qb, when they drafted one last year?

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Because Clausen is as good as Rusty Smith. Also, both of those dudes are really ugly...you ever notice that?

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Because Luck is getting called the next Peyton Manning... :sad2:

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Am I the only one who has this fear that Newton is going to be a complete baller in the NFL but we are going to pass on him because of the VY experience?

I am ready for more of a pocket passer (love to have Luck but that would involve trading up). But IDK, I just have this feeling that we might look back on the 2011 draft as a Dyson over Moss type deal. Except it'd be even worse because we're talking about a franchise QB this time around.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 24

24 Starter

Coin flip is the last resort.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I too have this recurring nightmare of Cam Newton.

Is he better then VY coming outta college, I would say yeah, his arm is pretty darn good, but we are gonna be drafting way to high for him, like we aint taking him at 5,6,7 which is where we are gonna be after todays results.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I hear you...he looked absoulutely invincible (no pun intended) in the South Carolina game. I agree though....given the VY experience we've had, plus some of the baggage that Newton is alleged to carry here, I see us staying away.

One item to note is that he is only a junior, so he may (yeah right!, I know) stay in college.

I look forward to seeing him perform in the National Championship game, then if/when he elects to come out for the draft, I really look forward to seeing if he shows up for the combine. That to me will tell me whether he is past his past, or whether he just has a good PR guy on staff now. I hope it is the former, because I agree that he could be special.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

VY looked pretty good once upon a time against USC....I don't know why anyone who doesn't want to keep around VY for a year, would want Cam Newton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar