And with the 2011 NFL draft, the Titans select............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shanvhere, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

Andy Dalton anyone? He looked good today.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Ewww...but he does have Texas roots...you know what they say about players from Texas (at least according to Bud Adams).

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Everything I've read about Dalton is he's a mid to late round pick. Good college QB qho probably wont translate to the NFL.

4. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

Detroit beats Vikings. We are currently at the #11 pick now.

5. tyfighter

tyfighter Starter

Right now we have the 9th pick. If Seattle beats St. Louis we move up to the 8th pick.

6. 24

24 Starter

Top 7 is where it's at this year. After that, there is a drop off in talent.

1. Andrew Luck
    2. A.J. Green
    3. Robert Quinn
    4. Da'Quan Bowers
    5. Patrick Peterson
    6. Prince Amukamara
    7. Nick Fairley

Considering how QB needy some teams are, Ryan Mallett and Jake Locker could go before us. If so, then at pick #8, we'll have a shot at one of these guys.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Nick Fairley will grade out as one of the top 2 players in this draft. If Carolina passes on Luck he will likely go #1 overall. I agree that those are the top 7 players in the draft though....with Paea being #8.

8. 24

24 Starter

Maybe. Fairley, at best, will grade out like Gerald McCoy from last year. I personally don't like DT that high. Suh was the exception, probably the best DT prospect of the past decade.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Suh was an absolute freak...but to me, Fairley is very much like Sapp....and I think you do take a DT like him that high. Pass rushing DT's can change the way an entire D plays because it doesn't allow the QB to step up in the pocket.

10. gran54

gran54 Starter

As we all know, this selection could go one of two ways. It all depends on who is in Nashville come April, Jeff Fisher or Vince Young? My personal preference is that VY gets the boot. Fisher has a solid staff around that team. (Jim Washburn) brought Jason Babin in and wasn’t even thought to be a factor and produces 12.5 sacks and his first career Pro Bowl. (Mike Heimerdinger) Runs a solid offense and has rising stars in Kenny Britt, Jared Cook Jr., and we all already know Mr. CJ2K. In my opinion this team could be great if it had an actual “Franchise Quarterback”. Think with the receivers, running back, and o-line we have, this offense could be one of the leagues best. If Vince is out of Nashville I believe “with the eighth overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Tennessee Titans select Ryan Mallett QB, Arkansas”. I know there is a lot of hype around Jake Locker and a rising Blaine Gabbert, but Mallett has lit it up in the SEC the past two years throwing 30 TD’s each of the past two seasons in one of the toughest conferences in the nation and Kerry Collins is a very similar pocket passer that could really help Mallett for the future of the organization. Andrew Luck would be nice, but we all know he will be taken within the first minute or so of the draft. I believe Mallett is the franchise quarterback that would fit great in Nashville. He would definitely help open the running game with CJ and throw deep to Kenny Britt. On the other side if the Titans do fire Fisher, Vince would reign supreme in Nashville…….. at least in Bud Adam’s eyes. He is a winner, but he is also a whiner. To much drama for your mama in his case. Throwing shoulder pads into the stands, cursing the coach under his breath while they’re huddled as a team, and what’s the deal about not coming to practice/texting Fisher an apology when he should have manned up and apologized in front of the whole team, but oh well let’s just hope Bud doesn’t turn into another Al Davis……. Basically if Vince does stay I see us picking up Marcell Dareus, Robert Quinn, Patrick Peterson, Janoris Jenkins, or Stephen Paea. Basically, any of these players could come in right off the bat and start. If Vince were coming back I honestly would not mind any of the players that I just mentioned. All solid players and I think this draft if so deep with defensive talent they could not go wrong with anyone of these guys. All in all I really hope for Mallett and think Vince’s time is up in Tennessee.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar