And with the 2011 NFL draft, the Titans select............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shanvhere, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

We are taking Cam newton like it or not.
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

hes only been a D1 starter for one year....

And yes, we all know were not taking Cam Newton..
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

How do you guys feel about Von Miller?

He's the best OLB in this years draft. 6'3 240, runs somewhere around a 4.5/6. Problem is.. he ran a 3-4 in college & seems like the perfect fit for a NFL 3-4 scheme. I wonder how he would play as a 4-3 OLB?
  4. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

he might be good after a year or 2 of adapting to the diffrent playing style but he would not be a plug in starter. ether way top 15 might be just a tad high for him anyway.

i could see us selecting him though if we elect to get a diffrent HC. a lot of HC canidates run 3-4 schemes.
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I doubt we switch to the 3-4. We'd only have 1 legit 3-4 DE (Jones) and not sure about any of the LBs playing in a 3-4. It's possible, very unlikely though. Von Miller would be a helpful addition if we did switch :brow:.
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Starter

I do not like the idea of drafting a 3-4 linebacker and trying to convert him, that always seems to end in disaster.
  7. steverife

steverife Starter

Examples?
  8. 24

24 Starter

I want Robert Quinn. Maybe we have to trade up for him, I don't care. The guy is amazing off the edge, perhaps a little small for run support. It's been a while since I've seen a prospect with his burst, pursuit, and flexibility. Put Morgan on the left side, he's more suited for run support anyway.
  9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Starter

Sorry I phrased that wrong, I guess it's more DE to 3-4 olb is a struggle, so I can't see the transition from 3-4 LB to 4-3 LB being an easy one either. Meh I'm kinda a draft noob though.
  10. steverife

steverife Starter

I wasn't trying to bust your chops or anything, I was just honestly curious. Sometimes, the DE to 3-4 OLB move doesn't work (Jason Babin), sometimes it does (Dumervil for the Broncos, Tamba Hali for the Chiefs seems to be doing well).

I would think that the LB transition would be easier, because they should already be experienced in pass coverage. I also think the Titans don't have the personnel to make that move without a few years to collect bigger guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.