And with the 2011 NFL draft, the Titans select............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shanvhere, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

Pocket passers win in this league, just ask Michael Vick. Newton won't have nearly the advantage in the NFL, people are just as fast or faster. Don't expect him to dominate like he does in college. He'll have to learn to play from the pocket, if he can do that he'll do well. He'll have the upper hand because of his legs, but he still has to make that transition. From what I've seen, he has very simple reads, which to be honest is typical of that kind of offense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Basically it is that word POTENTIAL. Vince had POTENTIAL 6 YEARS AGO when he showed out against USC. I was at the front of the charge clamoring for us to draft him. It turns out I was wrong, which I guess explains why I am not working as a GM in the NFL...

Now, 5 NFL seasons later, Vince has not shown the ability to mature. Cam Newton has not had 5 YEARS to show whether or not he does. That is why I personally would be willing to give him a chance.

However, you are right....I really doubt that the Titans FO will give Newton a shot given the VY Experience...part of me can't blame them.

3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Do you think if fisher is still here he would take Mallett or Locker or Newton?

4. 24

24 Starter

Mallett or Locker, yes. Not Newton. I don't think he wants another 5 year project.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Best draft site to go to is draftcountdown.com Walterfootball is kinda fun since it's updated weekly but the guy doesn't do much research and seems biased to some teams. He's also bad mouthing current NFL players like, "Well they will draft him because their corner has been horrible." Nobody needs your opinion, just be professional.

Anyway, here's how they settle the draft order:

• Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage.

• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.

Sucks because I want a QB and were gonna probably get screwed by the Cardinals who might finish with the same record as us and will get a QB before us. But I dunno, Cardinals just need to win 2/3 to pass us (assuming we lose out, which we will) and they play Carolina, Dallas, and San Francisco so 3 bad teams.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Has anyone seen Cam Newton take a snap from under center? Ever? I know I haven't. Do we really want to go through the whole three year project thing again so that he MIGHT develop into a passer?

7. 24

24 Starter

Scott Wright is better than WalterFootball, but he's dropped off as of late, IMO. The forums on that website are good though. I've always liked http://www.draftinsider.net/. They seem to be pretty accurate overall with their reports, although they've had their misses like everybody.

EDIT: Also good, http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-Scouting-Department.html.

8. Japan_TitansFan

Japan_TitansFan Camp Fodder

The Titans organization have always liked the upside of having a QB who also has a nice set of legs to move around with. Having a threat like that in the backfield allows CJ more running room because defenses also have to account for the QB running. Out of all the College QB's coming out this year one stands out to me that would fit in right away in Nashville. He went to the same college as Micheal Vick and has more wins then Vick did while he was there. In fact he reminds me so much of Vick that its kind of uncanny. His name... Tyrod Taylor! Before you jump on here and bash me please go to youtube and look him up and let me know what you think! Here's hoping for a much better season next year!

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Good point, not to mention, this is his 1st year as a starter, we haven't seen him handle any adversity, and or play with any sort of pain. This is like the fantasy year for a QB, but these aren't the kind of conditions you want to see your Franchise QB put in, how about some tests please. i'd much rather have Luck or Mallet, hell, Locker with the year he has had has probably learned more this year than Cam in the last 4!!!!

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just say no to Tyrod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar