And with the #1 pick of the 2017 draft Titans select...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 520, Sep 13, 2016.

?

what position

Poll closed Jun 30, 2017.
  1. Db

51.7%
  2. Qb

6.9%
  3. Rb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wr

20.7%
  5. Ot/og/c

3.4%
  6. Dl

13.8%
  7. Lb

27.6%
  8. K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Ls

3.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Sounds good. DLBs system doesn't prioritize CBs so much but if it stays this atrocious you have to do something about it. Really wish we targeted Kendall Fuller like I wanted. Reports have been good from Washington.

Next year...

I'm pretty high on Jarrad Davis (ILB Florida) as well. Stupid highlight video but its impressive.

Garrett Davis would make our front 7 disgusting good. With depth at each position. When you have elite players they can cover the CB weaknesses. Safeties Byard and Searcy would suffice another year.

Only problem is we really need more WR talent as well. They still aren't getting open with any consistency outside Sharpe. Not sure we can address the position with budget FAs anymore...

Having Garrett Morgan Rak Dodd would be broncos level of depth at pass rusher though (with our talented Dline as well). With athletic Davis in the middle. Sick!

2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

1st 3 picks should be a combination of CB, ILB, WR. I just want to see these college kids play a little bit, and make my own opinion from this season. We lack terribly at talent in our secondary, and that is why I voted for DB. We need to improve our pass rush too though. Also, our WRs are not great by any means. Answering these key areas with the best possible player at draft time in any order would be just fine with me.

3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

If we get a 1 from the Rams :clap:, very possible, then we can package it in trade and be contenders next year for the AFCS! That would be awesome!

4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

If we go CB I think we go a CB more like Desmond King rather then A'doree. Just seems to fit the D/JRob.

Might be undersized tho

#14 rekirts, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

King is the same height as A'doree, but carries 20 more lbs. That is significant in the NFL.

6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

A'doree just seems more M2M cover/playmaker where King is solid in zone and tackles a lot better.

A'Doree would do wonders for our return game though but I don't think its a big part of the game anymore.

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Yeah, A'Doree is electric for sure! I would like to see us use our capital on a defensive stopper more so than a "hybrid playmaker" that we could use in the return game. At 185lbs, he would get abused in the NFL defensively.

8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

@Gut , you voted 3 times! LOL. Wish we could pick that many times 1st. :)

9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Don't think we can avoid going WR tbh. They're just too awful. To the point they might hinder Mariota's development. Mike Williams would go a long way.

Not #1 overall but if we have a pick outside top 5 and hes there I don't think we pass.

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

We do have 2 1sts! :banjump:Both most likely in top 5 and 15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar