Analyzing newly acquired RB Jalen Parmele

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So we cut Jamie Harper today and replaced him with former Jaguars back-up RB Jalen Parmele, even swap right? Not so quick.

I went back and watched Jalen Parmele in action. Its seems the reason he's never caught on til recently is due to the players ahead of him on the depth chart.

In 2008 he was a late round pick by the Dolphins, and back then they had Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown, so it's understandable to see why he saw no action.

Then in 2009 he's a Raven, but also playing behind superior talent in Ray Rice and Willis McGahee.

Fast forward to 2012, Parmele finally catches a break when Rashad Jennings struggles mightily to fill Maurice Jones-Drew's shoes. Parmele comes in and plays really well for about 2 weeks, then he sees the Titans and within 15 minutes is put on IR. Sorry bout that bud.

Anyways, here is what I thought of Parmele during that 2 week stretch last year.
    He's a tough runner, likes to keep it simple with north & south running, but can elude defenders with subtle moves. He also has good receiving skills, and gets lined up everywhere from RB & FB to H-Back. But he can't block to save his life.

Here you can see Parmele lined up at RB
    [​IMG]
    he gets blocked into the passer

and here he is lined up at H-Back
    [​IMG]
    again, not the best outcome for him

All in all it was a solid signing, can't hate it, but can't love it either. Still better than having Jamie Harper around I suppose.

Attached Files:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

looks like he can't block for crap... probably still better than our fullback though.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This scouting report from 2008 sums him up really well from the games I watched of him last year.

4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Pretty much nailed it. If the Oline can open some holes, he is good at reading the play on the fly. Good in open space too, he just hasn't had many opportunities due to the teams and the RBs ahead of him.

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I don't see him getting on the field much this season anyway barring injury to Greene or CJ.

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Fk that guy, man. Wasted a #1 waver priority to grab him since MCGAHEE AND MY OTHER FKIN RB WENT DOWN. Then THE VERY NEXT GAME, IR.

Shoulda kept Harper.

ps, FU parmele

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Damn. Tell us what you really think bro.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

He can really help on special teams as well. More so than what Jamie Harper could do. saves us a bit of money and upgrades us a bit as well across the board

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Who needs a therapist when I have you guys?

gotitans forever.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Jalen Parmele might be OK for a 3rd back but it would be nice to have a better guy IMO and a younger guy. After all the best this kid is going to be is a short term scrub. Jefferson might fit the bill. Be nice to have another guy as well however.

The probability of Jefferson making the roster went up significantly when the team cut Harper so early. The bar isn't that high to beat out Parmele and I hope he does. But I'm afraid Jefferson's lack of burst and agility will get exposed in the NFL.

And Harper must really suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar