Analysis of G’s Taken Early

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 14, 2013.

?
  1. Give me a G!!

20 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. I'd still rather we go with DL

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I admit I'm intrigued mainly by Star, Ansah and Milliner. I think we can find a quality G in the 2nd round; Warford would be a dream in the 2nd round if we get an impact playmaker on defense in the 1st.

But I by no means won't be angry if they go Warmack. I'll know we walked away a better team, and that's the most important thing.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

It's a tough call, but safe is better than sorry if you ask me. Honestly the way this team has been drafting over the last decade, I'd welcome a bit of "safe".

I think it really depends who is on the board when we pick. If Geno Smith goes in the top nine and all three of the OT's go before us we could be looking at a pretty damn good player staring us in the face.

Cooper would be the guy for us I truly believe. He's an amazing athlete playing guard and could just as easily play center. That versatility really helps a team that is weak inside and needs another guard and another center. Draft Cooper and let him learn center and guard in training camp and start him where he's best. Another nice thing about drafting Cooper is it allows us to not necessarily target a center or a guard specifically in subsequent rounds. So if either position falls we can take that guy... it allows us a little more draft flexibility.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

I'm suprised no one is talking more about drafting Cooper as a Center. I've read a few times that some scouts think that could be his better posistion. If so then I think that's the better option out of warmack and him.
    But I'm still not convinced we shouldn't go with D in the 1st.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

He played some center in College, he snapped at the combine too and looked like a natural, or so I heard. I think we need versatility at 10, so I really like Cooper and Rhodes. I think Rhodes could play safety or corner for us, either of those two guys would make me a happy camper.

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

You don't draft a C in the first round so if we plan to play him there it makes no sense especially since Velasco played well last year at C. We need a G and I'm aware he could slide there next year if we lose Velasco which we shouldn't cause he won't cost an unreasonable amount. I'd rather take a T/G type since Roos and Stew are entering the final year of their contracts. Yeah it would offer flexibility but Brian Schwenke can play G/C and be had in the third and Winters can play G/T and had around the same time. We have shown those two a good deal of interest and will bet one will be a Titan.

I just don't see the value of a G or C in the first but a T who can play guard is a little more intriguing since tackles are more valuable. Even still we can get guys like this later on. Pro Bowl guards have been selected all over the place. I'd rather see us get Lane or Fluker to be honest since they could probably go inside for the time being a move outside next year cause the possibility of retaining both is slim. That said I still want defense round 1 but who knows what the FO is thinking since we need to win now they may not even think that far ahead with this years draft.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The argument to draft Cooper because he can play center is stupid. We have 4 guys on our roster that can play center.

Do you understand your argument? You are claiming that Cooper is a better guard than Warmack but you don't want to play him at guard.

I agree with the last paragraph though.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I wish some people would provide some analysis when they post. Warmack is considered perhaps the best guard prospect to come along in a decade.

Cooper is better or Warford is almost as good? No they are not.

Warford is a nice 2nd rd pick but he did not dominate sec defenders the way Warmack did. Warford may not have been as good in 2012 as he was in 2010 and 2011. He doesn't explode off the ball so he can't use his size to it's full advantage and is not the devastating point of attack blocker that Warmack is especially in short yardage.

Warmack is clearly the best interior lineman in this draft. Some websites have him as the best player in the whole draft. Cooper is a nice pick 17 and on and warford is a nice pick 30th and on but those 2 guys are not at the same level as Warmack. Warmack is one of the best players in this draft.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If i'm the GM and we have traded back to 17th and Cooper, Warford and Fluker are all still on the board. I'm taking Fluker and playing him at RG.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Really? I said that he CAN play center if need be. He's a guard that has the ability to play center if we need him to for any reason; be it injury or perhaps he turns out to be the best center on our team. I'm saying that the fact that he is versatile gives him the edge up.

And yes, I am saying Cooper is a better guard in our system, in the Jets system I think Warmack would be better. Warmack is better at eating than Cooper though :).

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Why are the Steelers trading up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar