An option.. trade picks 33 and 64 for another 1st round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LTF, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I would 'ignore' NT for now. Woods is serviceable considering the bigger needs that we have at CB, S, RT. Even WR or LG maybe. Blackson can get some snaps there too.. and you can always find a body in the 4th or 5th round at NT. Even UDFA.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

You're right. The Titans never cease to amaze me. I'm saying that people shouldn't be so confident that we go OT and CB in the first two rounds.

I'm just not comfortable with Woods holding down the center of our D on his own.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Young54

Young54 Starter

I just don't see it that way. To me Woods is ok in rotation and as quality depth. Would really like us to improve that position. I don't see S or WR as "needs". They're more like "opportunities for improvement", but we can look to get lucky in the later rounds.

I didn't see enough out of Blackson to get me excited. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Admittedly, I’m not as familiar with the late round protects, but it seems to me like there are only a handful of TRUE NTs in this draft. By “true” NT, I mean that a big bodied immovable object that can anchor the center of our line. A guy that demands double teams. Not necessary someone who gets a lot of sacks, but that force in the middle that offenses have to run around.

I'd rather target a big boy early and then look for a WR gem in the 5th.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I can agree with a lot of what you're saying..regarding Blackson, he had some really nice moments. More flashes than I expected.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

How I would 'solve' NT: Draft DJ Reader at some point during day 3. I love that we are having him for an official visit. I feel so confidently this kid has his best football ahead of him. Really nice player.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

This is the first time that I can remember, that I feel confident in the GM's ability to evaluate, and draft talent. If there's a guy that JR feels is worth the 2nd and 3rd, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. And to the OP's point, I agree that I'd rather 2 elite prospects than 4 good prospects. This team is lacking elite talent in a bad way. That said, they have potential at most offensive skilled positions, QB, RB, WR, LT, TE. Of course you can fill guys in, but this roster is looking much better offensively than defensively. On defense, Casey is the only guy you could argue about being elite. Orakpo I would say is great, but a notch below. Morgan a notch below that, and that's our D. A couple young guys who could be solid, but not much in way of elite playmakers. So I'd like to see a defensive heavy draft and get some great talent. If trades need to be done to acquire it, then so be it.

7. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

We need protection and growth on O and we need playmakers on D. I don't care how JR does it, but thats what we need.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I would just hold what we got and not get greedy. Take OT Conklin or Taylor Decker at No.15 (assuming Ronnie Stanley is off the board by then), then there will be a handful of players with 1st Rd grades who slide into the 2nd Rd. That is where we clean up....taking 3 of those players. I'm really hoping Nkemdiche is one of them. Maybe take DE/OLB Spence or Correa and then Eli Apple. That would fill 4 of our biggest needs, met in the first 2 rds!

• Troll Troll x 1
  9. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

We won't need a NT. This draft is deep at DT/DE, so chances are one of the top DT's will slide into the 2nd. Nkemdiche, Billings, A. Robinson, etc. Get one of them and move DaQaun Jones to NT. Or leave him there and let Blackson and Woods be our NT rotation.

• Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar