An option.. trade picks 33 and 64 for another 1st round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LTF, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTF

LTF Starter

We could move up to around 23rd pick or so and get Tunsil/Alexander or Ramsey/Conklin. While most people are talking trading down. I see this as a chance to pick up 2 possible pro bowl type players. I have been looking at all the scenarios and think the early 20's would give us a chance at an elite player. after 25 or so things drop to 2nd round talent according to most of the "experts". Just putting this out there for conversation. What do you guys think?

2. 615nick

615nick Starter

We need more picks not less, imo. I think the only trades we should do are moving back, not forward. But, i would be willing to move up if we get extra picks by sliding back in the 1st.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Agreed, if we were able to move back in the 1st to no later than 5 or 6 and get a few more picks we could use those picks to move up and possibly give Marcus a new weapon in the 22-25 range. Possibly Treadwell... regardless of who we take with the first pick he needs more weapons. Oline, DB, WR, ILB, NT we could use some talent in all those areas.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Only way I'd be willing to move up is if someone unexpectedly falls to the Broncos at 31 and seems like a lock to the Browns at 32... Jump two spots and wouldn't have to give up too much.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

We need all the picks we can get..

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

We aren't going to be able to fix our team in one draft. We need to change the momentum and direction of our team, which IMHO means we need more elite players not more quality players overall. I think it would be more beneficial at this point in our rebuild to have 3 or 4 elite players (stay put or trade up) than 5 or 6 average/slightly above average players (trade back and add picks) on our team.

#6 Architect, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Theoretically those picks would get us to pick #20 (Jets). But remember, teams need a reason to move. The Jets would love for Paxton Lynch to be there. They also could use one of several players that should be on the board.

Most drafts have about 15-20 players with actual first round grades. This one has more because a majority of them are DL. So you might think...well then we should jump up to get one. But the opposite is true...at least value wise. Some of those first round graded DL will be there when we pick in the 2nd rnd and we won't have to trade picks. One might even be there at the top of the 3rd!

Teams have an affinity for drafting team needs...especially past the top 5-15 picks! More teams need OL than DL.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

The problem with that IMO is we have 3 solid needs: OT, CB, and NT. Which do you ignore until the 4th round?

Most people here are agreeing that we're going either CB/OT or OT/CB in the first and second. I don't think it's that simple. Don't be surprised if we go NT at #33. Only way I see us trading up back into the first is if we go CB and trade up for one of the premier NTs. Maybe one of the Bama boys. That would mean that FO is comfortable moving forward with Bell/Poutasi (maybe Vasquez) for 2016.

I don't think CB and NT can be ignored till the 4th, but what do I know.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I've seen several mock drafts with Alexander falling to the 2nd round. But I'd love to land Ramsey & Conklin, or the OSU OT whose name escapes me. That would be the only scenario I'd give up those picks for. You solidify your secondary for years and get your franchise RT in one year. Not bad.

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

I could def see us taking a player that fell in the 2nd and 3rd, outside of our "needs". You never know what the fo is really thinking we "need". Its obvious to the fans we need a nt, cb and an ot. But, the fo may just want to go bpa in every round (that's what I'd do). We signed help on the oline and in the secondary, so they are not as big of needs. Imo, we need playmakers regardless of position, outside of qb, rb and wr.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar